Hornblower Cruises and Events Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Hornblower Cruises and Events Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview (went over my resume in detail) and then 3 face-to-face interviews (with reporting manager, then payroll manager and lawyer and last with the reporting manager again).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult employee during an Employee Relations issue?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very easy interview. I guess they have not many people applying. Not professional at all. Dressed professionally but not necessary. Employee handbook doesn't match what upper management strive for. It seems that they don't care following the rules written by them.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult at all. I had questions similar to this one. Are you getting sea sick being on a boat?   Answer Question

Expected a lot for not enough pay.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

simple and easy and not a big deal at all, anyone can get this job. The have an on boarding program too and its very informative and super simple you also get to cruise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nonogotiable

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. 4 interviews, group interviews and a action plan was required. All that for the lowest pay they can legally pay a salaried employee. After months of phone calls and interviews I also was drug tested and out through a background check. And once hired some major paperwork. All this and on my first day I didn't have a desk or computer or phone.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was desperately ill as I waited in the main office till my interview. As the boat rocked on I can't remember anything but, that I was so sick. After many days of watching employees be eliminated, I was still there in the end. I did get use to the rocking of the boat after a couple of weeks.

Negotiation

I worked there about a half of year befor they hired me on permanently.

Wedding Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online through simplyhired.com. Had an initial phone interview with their outside sales rep, who was very nice. Was told I would have an in-person interview with the Director of Sales, but when I arrived for my interview the receptionist could not locate her. Finally, the assistant director of sales came down and said that the Director of Sales "had something come up last-minute and could not meet with me." I knew this was an ominous sign - that she didn't think enough of me to be at the interview. I found the interview rather tense and I felt overdressed. It didn't feel good that the person I was supposed to interview with was not there.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on making the transition from doing sales for your own business to working in a sales office?   Answer Question