Horseshoe Casino Hammond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Horseshoe Casino Hammond Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond (Hammond, IN).

Interview

It was a group interview where there were different types of customer scenarios acted out and the response and or remedy had to be creative but still within company policy.

Interview Questions

• If you could be someone famous, who would you be and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond (Hammond, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a hiring event. I arrived, waited for my turn for the one on one interview, then proceeded to a panel interview. Panel was a group interview - we had to introduce ourselves and then go in front of everyone and either sing a song or say a line from a movie and our other candidates had to guess what it was. Next was a math assessment. After that they drug test on sight and then you come back to verify your paperwork.

Surveillance Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond (Hammond, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied and got the call for an interview at couple weeks later. They scheduled a phone interview for a few days after that. I went in the next day to take a basic math test (extremely easy IMO) then an in person interview a few minutes after that. I received a job offer the very next morning.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Can you multitask?   Answer Question

Count Room Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond (Hammond, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

They did a brief phone interview and then once that was over if they thought you were a right fit they had you come in for a panel interview. Which was like a group of at least 30 of us in front of 3 HR reps.

Interview Questions

• What is one word that describes your personality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond (Hammond, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

First, a phone interview, very cut-and-paste process. Basically, it's to make sure you're not a COMPLETE psycho. If you pass that you get to go in for a 'group interview', you and roughly 40 other people in the room with various department heads. You go through a process where they're basically just testing out how comfortable you are with talking in/to a crowd and to make sure you're not going to say dumb things to people you hardly know. After you pass this, you go get an interview with a department manager one-on-one. They ask you scenario based questions, pass this and you've got the job.

Interview Questions

• Re-enact a scene from a movie/show and tell why you chose it.   1 Answer

Buffet Runner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond.

Interview

Applied and got a call a couple hours later. Had phone interview then a panel interview with 30 other interviewee's. Panel was different for me. We had to get in front of the group and the 3 recruiters and say our name one word that described us and then did something entertaining. Anything u want sing dance or act.Then when and if u pass panel u get a interview with the department manager...u either get offered the job or u don't.

Interview Questions

• How would u work with someone that u may not get along with. It was something like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Universal Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond (Hammond, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called into HR the next day and received a call back within hours to schedule phone interview. After phone interview went to a group interview where they have you introduce yourself and "act a skit" nothing major. If you were liked by the panel, which included 3 of the top management, you moved on to a one on one interview with the head of the department you applied for. If offered you go to take a drug test (URINE) and start your paper work.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Strengths? Weaknesses? Acted out some scenarios of how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Universal Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond (Hammond, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online then a few weeks later i was called for a phone interview, after a day they called me for a group interview. Which is very different from your normal interview. Be prepared to sell your self.

Negotiation

Table Games Dealer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond.

Interview

The interview process is cool, I think. There is an open panel that they tell you about and it makes you VERY nervous BUT when you are in the room with everyone and you do your 'performance' you actually open up and that is a taste of what your coworkers will be like.

Interview Questions

• standing up in front of people talking if that is not w/in your comfort zone, although you shouldn't apply if you don't know how to entertain ppl so this is definitely a job for ppl with bubbly personalities!   Answer Question

Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horseshoe Casino Hammond (Hammond, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview to make sure you weren't shy and you could speak in front of people. If you passed that part of the interview they want you to take a math test to see if you can pass that you have another interview with peers.

Interview Questions

• Act out a movie, commercial or song that people could recognize.   1 Answer