Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was unconventional. I did not meet with anyone who had the authority to make a decision. I'd never been through a process where the peer interview came first. Also, the questions that I was asked were very elementary. I left out of there knowing that I would not have accepted the job if it were offered.

Interview Questions

• Name the five project management processes and explain them.   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

If you are considered for an interview a recruiter sends you a link to a website called Montage where you are asked to upload an introduction video of yourself and then record a video response to 7 questions. The next step in the process is a panel interview--mine was with multiple unit managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your 2-5 year career plan? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Why did you become an RN? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Do you have work or volunteer experience in a clinical setting outside of school? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • List your top 3 areas/units of interest in order of preference. (Montage)   Answer Question
    • What other HCA facilities are you interested in? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Do you have an ADN or a BSN? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Are you CPR certified through the AHA? If not do you plan on obtaining certification before you are hired? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you revealed something confidential and how you handled the situation. (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle difficult and/or combative patients? (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • What is your "dream" nursing job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to become a nurse? (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict with co-workers?   Answer Question

NICU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I got send a video montage interview to complete- completed it in a timely manner- did not hear back. Has been over 1.5 wks since submitting video. Contacted HR to follow up- still have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• First question took the longest. Was an 'introduction' video segment which I basically took for being a verbal cover letter.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Online application done. Phone interview by recruiter. Recruiter then set up 2 different onsite interviews w leadership. After CNO interview, associate secretary set up interview w CEO. After that recruiter called with offer. Made counter offer, then recruiter spoke with HR for final offer. Offer accepted. Letter received then hiring process of background check and drug test done.

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 8 supervisors, 2 managers, a director, and 2 vice presidents for an administrative assistant job. The offer only paid $18 an hour. I was not paid for the first holiday despite the fact that I had earned PTO. I did not get benefits for first 30 days. None of this was explained during orientation or in interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mistake you've made.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider countering their offer. They are notorious for low balling their employees.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied via job board. Received immediate call from recruiter.
    Brief screening phone interview.
    Received request to interview 1:1 onsite very quickly. Very good instructions/directions.
    Interviewed onsite with Director of Project Management. Asked standard questions he might have obtained from the internet.
    Very one sided discussion. Did not provide good answers to my questions.
    Description of duties were very general.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
      Describe past job roles.
      What has been your most difficult job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was standard. Quick and easy. First interview was one on one with a manager. The 2nd interview was with all the CFOs. It was very routine. No situational nor characterization questions. Just a normal interview/conversation. Very laid back.

Graduate Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone call screen first. Then I got a call back the next week and they asked me more questions. It was during the second phone screening that they invited me for a panel interview on site. I showed up in HR and had a written test and paperwork to fill out.

Performance Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted the resume online and they got back in 3-4 weeks which was followed by a phone interview with the VP Performance improvement group of North Texas Dallas. The are 14 divisions all around the country and 14 positions will be interviewed by 14 different VPs depending on the division there are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself. Skills in data analysis using Microsoft Excel.   Answer Question

Physician Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Irving, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was very strategic and directed by the V.P. of sales. Her initiative was to match personality and training with each hospital. They looked for medical sales experience and working with physicians one on one.

Interview Questions

• I guess the most difficult was being given different scenarios where the physician was unsatisfied and how we would approach resolving the issues. How independent we were and knowing when to get upper management involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward