Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.9

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

A phone screen then a couple more phone calls back and forth. Information about interview sent as a screenshot over text. Had five panel interviews over 3 hrs. Half of those scheduled to interview me didn't show up. No formal questions. People just shooting from the hip as they looked at my resume for the first time.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

If you are considered for an interview a recruiter sends you a link to a website called Montage where you are asked to upload an introduction video of yourself and then record a video response to 7 questions. The next step in the process is a panel interview--mine was with multiple unit managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your 2-5 year career plan? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Why did you become an RN? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Do you have work or volunteer experience in a clinical setting outside of school? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • List your top 3 areas/units of interest in order of preference. (Montage)   Answer Question
    • What other HCA facilities are you interested in? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Do you have an ADN or a BSN? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Are you CPR certified through the AHA? If not do you plan on obtaining certification before you are hired? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you revealed something confidential and how you handled the situation. (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle difficult and/or combative patients? (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • What is your "dream" nursing job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to become a nurse? (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict with co-workers?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmes Beach, FL

Interview

I had to interview with 6 people within 1 hour. The questions were common, nothing unusual. They want you to show that you are committed for a very long time, at least 2 years or more.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Extensive detailed telephone interview. Was ensured they would follow up and let know if or if not made it to the next round but that never happened after my regular follow up

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions - basic, standard questions   Answer Question

NICU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I got send a video montage interview to complete- completed it in a timely manner- did not hear back. Has been over 1.5 wks since submitting video. Contacted HR to follow up- still have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• First question took the longest. Was an 'introduction' video segment which I basically took for being a verbal cover letter.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer did a good job of laying how the department works. I went through my experience on my resume then she began with questions related to the position.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, with two current employees on the team. First, a recruiter called to verify a proper time, then the interviewers called a few days later for the meeting. Overall it was a quick, simple interview that I unfortunately didn't get a chance to really describe my qualifications or experience to the depth I would have liked.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

Applied online and got an email that someone will be contacting me soon to interview me. I followed up and got a email that the position has been filled before they even interviewed me. Very unprofessional.

Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone pre screening interview. It was brief and informed if they were interested, then I'd hear from the hospital. I did not get a feeling either way if the outcome was going to be positive or negative

E-mail Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter and if you pass that interview then they invite you on site to interview with the hiring manager. Overall is was pretty positive. I didn't get the job, but I also didn't meet the qualifications, but they still interviewed me. I didn't hear back from them for three weeks after my interview, at which time they sent an automated e-mail letting me know that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• The first question they asked was why I wanted this job, and what stood out to me about it. They then asked about my resume and what I learned from the projects I had worked on. And ended with asking me about my approach towards marketing (very creative or more organized)   Answer Question