Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Computer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Miramar, FL).

Interview

First I have a phone interview asking for my experience, then another interview in person with another team members. A third panel interview with additional IT management for technical questions.

Clinical Analyst Interview

Interview

I never made it to a phone or in-person interview. During the application process I found that they asked inappropriate financial questions (What is your current salary?) and they also REQUIRED that I fill out a "Personality Survey" after completing 59% of the survey, I had arrived at question #200. The questions had become repetitive, asked in a slightly different way so as to trap you into answering it differently than before. At this point I realized this was not a company I wanted to work with.

Interview Questions

• The ridiculous "personality assessment" that was in excess of 200 questions immediately made me realize this was not a company that I wanted anything to do with. Especially when they stated that if I had a certain skill set, I was not required to take the assessment.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (McAllen, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Great and fast interviews. The process to get a reply for the second interview took too long about 3 weeks. They put the position on hold though and I had to contact the recruit to check on the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my present job?   1 Answer

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

The whole interview was a rodeo process literally. Received an email a couple weeks after applying about setting up an interview. Had scheduled a phone interview with HR which had to be rescheduled at the last minute. Rescheduled a second time which there where some phone technical difficulties which mad it hard to finish the interview, but was able to get a in-person interview scheduled a couple weeks later after inquiring about next steps, which they take forever to respond back to. The in-person interview was not very professional at all and did not fell like a real interview. I'm not sure they know exactly what they're are looking for because a majority the questions they asked did not pertain to the position at all and were more of I guess to get to know about you on a personal level, granted it was an Internship. Interviewers keep running a blank on what questions to ask and were making it up as they go which was almost hilarious. Getting a feel for the people there, I don't think I would have stayed long as the people didn't seem genuine, snobbish and just going through the interview motions. Would not consider applying to this company anytime in the foreseeable future.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite football team?
      Tell me about your resume?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was unconventional. I did not meet with anyone who had the authority to make a decision. I'd never been through a process where the peer interview came first. Also, the questions that I was asked were very elementary. I left out of there knowing that I would not have accepted the job if it were offered.

Interview Questions

• Name the five project management processes and explain them.   1 Answer

Medical Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Sugar Land, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It went very well. The interviewer was very sweet and easy to talk to. They said it would be 2 sets of interviews. The first one was with the office manager. Then the next one would be with the staff. The office manager selects her top 3 candidates and then the staff will select from those 3. I really thought I did well but then was declined because "I already knew too much about the position". A little disappointing but it's fine- on to better things.

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

A phone screen then a couple more phone calls back and forth. Information about interview sent as a screenshot over text. Had five panel interviews over 3 hrs. Half of those scheduled to interview me didn't show up. No formal questions. People just shooting from the hip as they looked at my resume for the first time.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

If you are considered for an interview a recruiter sends you a link to a website called Montage where you are asked to upload an introduction video of yourself and then record a video response to 7 questions. The next step in the process is a panel interview--mine was with multiple unit managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your 2-5 year career plan? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Why did you become an RN? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Do you have work or volunteer experience in a clinical setting outside of school? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • List your top 3 areas/units of interest in order of preference. (Montage)   Answer Question
    • What other HCA facilities are you interested in? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Do you have an ADN or a BSN? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Are you CPR certified through the AHA? If not do you plan on obtaining certification before you are hired? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you revealed something confidential and how you handled the situation. (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle difficult and/or combative patients? (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • What is your "dream" nursing job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to become a nurse? (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict with co-workers?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmes Beach, FL

Interview

I had to interview with 6 people within 1 hour. The questions were common, nothing unusual. They want you to show that you are committed for a very long time, at least 2 years or more.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

Short, asked me a few questions about my former job experience. Asked what classes I had taken, asked me about Nashville. Told me about the culture of HCA. There was a recruiter sitting in the lobby beforehand talking up HCA and what they're all about

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been to Nashville?   1 Answer