Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Austin, TX).

Interview

Positive and easy. Managers were very nice and gave a very detailed summary on the hospital and what their mission is and what they stand for. Got to meet the peers I would be working with and was delighted when they were all very nice and welcoming. Looking forward to work at a hospital that is well-known for its patient care.

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

A phone screen then a couple more phone calls back and forth. Information about interview sent as a screenshot over text. Had five panel interviews over 3 hrs. Half of those scheduled to interview me didn't show up. No formal questions. People just shooting from the hip as they looked at my resume for the first time.

Laboratory Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applying in their website is cumbersome and tedious. It took me 2 hours to finish the application an the assessment. Then HR called me on the phone and interviewed me. Afterwards, they set up a panel interview with lab administration and when that one was finished I hot an interview with the hospital COO.

Interview Questions

• Have encountered yourself in an ethical problem at your job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

It was a very casual interview I have to give them that. BUT I later found all the promises were made about the job were false. This did not sit well. Also, the interviewer was ill prepared and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

If you are considered for an interview a recruiter sends you a link to a website called Montage where you are asked to upload an introduction video of yourself and then record a video response to 7 questions. The next step in the process is a panel interview--mine was with multiple unit managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your 2-5 year career plan? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Why did you become an RN? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Do you have work or volunteer experience in a clinical setting outside of school? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • List your top 3 areas/units of interest in order of preference. (Montage)   Answer Question
    • What other HCA facilities are you interested in? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Do you have an ADN or a BSN? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Are you CPR certified through the AHA? If not do you plan on obtaining certification before you are hired? (Montage)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you revealed something confidential and how you handled the situation. (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle difficult and/or combative patients? (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • What is your "dream" nursing job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to become a nurse? (Panel interview)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict with co-workers?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Interview

First had to do video interview where there is a typed question and you just record yourself answering it with a webcam. You're not actually speaking to a person via webcam. It was easy. Simple questions. About a little over a week later, I was contacted via email for an in-person interview.

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

Multiple Interview panels- everyone was kind and professional they use an interview tool kit targeted to the answers provided in the assessment prior to the interview. The questions however are standard.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmes Beach, FL

Interview

I had to interview with 6 people within 1 hour. The questions were common, nothing unusual. They want you to show that you are committed for a very long time, at least 2 years or more.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Extensive detailed telephone interview. Was ensured they would follow up and let know if or if not made it to the next round but that never happened after my regular follow up

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions - basic, standard questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

It was quick, just took one week from the first interview, I got an offer. I interviewed with both hiring managers and an administrative assistant. They are all nice people. Just be genuine and show your passion and experience.