Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a phone screen interview with an HR representative. The HR representative was cordial, professional and knowledgeable with broad enterprise processes. For the most part, my role-specific questions were deferred to the hiring manager (which is typical).

Interview Questions

• Explain a relevant skillset / experience not reflected in your resume.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (McAllen, TX).

Interview

I applied online via the HCA application portal, and I was called roughly 2 weeks later to setup an interview. The first interview went well, it was with the director, assistant director, and senior technical analyst. After the first interview they called me a couple of days later to schedule a second interview. The second interview went very well, in which I met with various others in the IT dept. I was then called by a recruiter a couple of days later with a very good offer, which I could not turn down.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a situation in which a client was irate, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, they worked to get me the best offer they could.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the posted job. They called back within a week and a half to schedule a personal interview. They told me I would be meeting with the department manager but instead I met with 2 nurses. This was confusing and off setting at first. They called back 3 days later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I knew about hospital I was applying for then asked if I had questions and explained position. Interview took 10 minutes tops.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through HCA's site, received a phone call from a recruiter and had a phone interview. Then was later contacted by the person who would be my boss to set up a face to face interview. The interview was laid back and easy going. I was asked traditional interview style questions as well as some general personal questions about myself. I later interviewed with a C-level (senior level) position person. This interview was also easy and laid back. A much shorter interview with broader questions along with some specific questions about my past duties. I was contacted the next day by the recruiter I originally spoke to. My overall experience was very positive. Everyone I encountered was great.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter will want to here your salary expectations. Shoot high (reasonably) when talking about salary and allow them to talk you down from there.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the current Senior Executive Assistant and her manager. They took turns asking me how I would handle different situations. They ask me about my experience as a Senior Executive Assistant. I describe to them what I had done in several previous contract positions at HCA and other places I had work. I gave them my experience level with MicroSoft Office, Concur, etc. The interview was in depth. I enjoyed talking with both of them and felt like I answered their questions very honestly and concise.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a project and were having problems with it or your team how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer did a good job of laying how the department works. I went through my experience on my resume then she began with questions related to the position.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, with two current employees on the team. First, a recruiter called to verify a proper time, then the interviewers called a few days later for the meeting. Overall it was a quick, simple interview that I unfortunately didn't get a chance to really describe my qualifications or experience to the depth I would have liked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

Face to face round table panel, with administration and then again with the IT&S team. Question and answers. Then you are asked what the expectations of the company and facility is for you. Travel is very frequent within the Division, and would I be ok with this

Interview Questions

• How well do you know excel spreadsheets   1 Answer

Medical Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very professional. The interviewer was clear and precise and I felt knowlegable and confident.They reviewed the history of the company and explained the expectations of the employer. I was at ease with the interview, the interviewer and thought that it went well, however I was anticipating the best.

Interview Questions

• If I were to be hired, how would I be a contribution to the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave them the amount per hour that I believed that the requirements of the job should pay. They basically told me that the job paid a certain amount based on their own criteria. Also, I was an entry level employee.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

Standard process - general interview questions - phone - group - coo - eco - each got easier as went along. Be honest and prepared. They want a robot not a real thinker.