Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

Talked to a manager on the phone who then asked me to come in for an in-person interview. HCA was so nice and welcoming, really made you feel at home and wanted to get to know you, as well as you get to know HCA.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with 2 directors, second in person interview with VP. Very laid back and positive. The interviewers were all great about answering questions and trying to get to know me. They were very positive and transparent.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to paint this room black, what would you do?   1 Answer

MOS Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

Relaxed and easy going, really enjoyed talking to my eventual boss. I had a great time taking to my doctor that I would be working for and they seemed really excited to hire me on.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Position was not clearly described. Told it was new and others must be hired. Counting on my input to mold the position. Enjoyed the meeting though left feeling unsure of what I was getting in to.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Brentwood, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter 3 weeks after applying online. We had a 30 minute phone screen interview. A week later I went in for an in person interview with two hiring managers. The interview was relaxed, friendly and standard. Once I received the phone call for the phone interview I felt the process went quickly. I was told after the in person interview it would be another week or two before I heard anything. I received an offer less then a week later.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a phone screen interview with an HR representative. The HR representative was cordial, professional and knowledgeable with broad enterprise processes. For the most part, my role-specific questions were deferred to the hiring manager (which is typical).

Interview Questions

• Explain a relevant skillset / experience not reflected in your resume.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (McAllen, TX).

Interview

I applied online via the HCA application portal, and I was called roughly 2 weeks later to setup an interview. The first interview went well, it was with the director, assistant director, and senior technical analyst. After the first interview they called me a couple of days later to schedule a second interview. The second interview went very well, in which I met with various others in the IT dept. I was then called by a recruiter a couple of days later with a very good offer, which I could not turn down.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a situation in which a client was irate, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, they worked to get me the best offer they could.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the posted job. They called back within a week and a half to schedule a personal interview. They told me I would be meeting with the department manager but instead I met with 2 nurses. This was confusing and off setting at first. They called back 3 days later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I knew about hospital I was applying for then asked if I had questions and explained position. Interview took 10 minutes tops.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through HCA's site, received a phone call from a recruiter and had a phone interview. Then was later contacted by the person who would be my boss to set up a face to face interview. The interview was laid back and easy going. I was asked traditional interview style questions as well as some general personal questions about myself. I later interviewed with a C-level (senior level) position person. This interview was also easy and laid back. A much shorter interview with broader questions along with some specific questions about my past duties. I was contacted the next day by the recruiter I originally spoke to. My overall experience was very positive. Everyone I encountered was great.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter will want to here your salary expectations. Shoot high (reasonably) when talking about salary and allow them to talk you down from there.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the current Senior Executive Assistant and her manager. They took turns asking me how I would handle different situations. They ask me about my experience as a Senior Executive Assistant. I describe to them what I had done in several previous contract positions at HCA and other places I had work. I gave them my experience level with MicroSoft Office, Concur, etc. The interview was in depth. I enjoyed talking with both of them and felt like I answered their questions very honestly and concise.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a project and were having problems with it or your team how would you handle it?   1 Answer