Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmes Beach, FL

Interview

I had to interview with 6 people within 1 hour. The questions were common, nothing unusual. They want you to show that you are committed for a very long time, at least 2 years or more.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

In the process of relocating. Applied for PACU position online. Nurse Recruiter called. Spoke to her briefly about position and salary. She has set up an interview with Department Manager. Will do telephone interview on Thursday with Surgical Director. So far the application process has taken a week. (We played phone tag) Nurse Recruiter was very professional and friendly. Will see how Thursday's interview goes, and will hopefully get an offer :)

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations, and if call and hours were acceptable.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Gainesville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview entailed nurse manager and peer interview.
    First a recruiter calls and interviews over the phone. Then you get called in for a manager interview which is pretty basic. HCA uses a survey that supposedly hones in on your weaknesses; team player, energy, or customer service skills...

Interview Questions

• most peers questions were centered around willingness to stay in position and not leave   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

It took about a week between each step of the process: hr appt, interview with manager on days, night shift peer interview, ect.
    I guess it took a while but some hospitals tale a lot longer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was normal. The hiring process was more tedious with background check, drug testing, and a week long orientation process before even being able to begin my actual job.

Anonymous Employee in North Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (North Miami Beach, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

On-line application completed. One month later, asked to complete another application on-line. Management called after three months. Face-to-face interview with nurse manager. Contacted after two months to complete more forms on- line, given salary proposal. Drug tested, clearance by health office. Two day orientaion.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washing Tree (Belize)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Washing Tree (Belize)) in May 2012.

Interview

Basic Interview, was just like a basic get to know you interview. Tell me about yourself, tell me about your previous employment, why do you want the job, ect. When can you start? Do you have reliable transportation?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for HCA?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2010.

Interview

1 interview by director.
    be able to answer questions on conflict management and pain management

Negotiation

yes was able to negotiate salary

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview. Probably the most laid-back, no-stress interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Simple things like "are you ready for a new learning experience?"   1 Answer
    • Basic questions about where I went to school, how soon I was ready to come back to the area of the job, and how my family felt about a possible move.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy for an offer! There wasn't a whole lot of room to negotiate because it is a unionized position.