Host Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2016

2.9

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

A 3rd party recruiter presented the Host opportunity based on the similarity of my experience and the role. Phone interview was pretty standard, discussed: experience, role, expectations. After about 1-1/2 wks of silence, I rec'd the invite to come on-site. During the on-site interview I met with 3 people. There were no odd-ball questions, a few situational questions. I was able to provide examples of my success in similar roles, seemed to go well, at the end I asked for the next steps, the hiring mgr was very non-committal, "I have a lot of people to interview, I'll let you know by Fri". The next day I got a call from the recruiter saying they are no longer interested.

The company seems to be well run, but the Host Analytics product isn't sexy or cool, and the upside is there are a lot companies out there that are.

Interview Questions

• 1 - You would need to build a team, what are the characteristics of reps would you hire?
      2 - Why are you interested in Host?
      2 Answers

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Three month process, countless phone calls and emails, three face to face interviews on separate occasions requiring travel to their office, more waiting, told by recruiter it was "in the bag" and then more waiting, super excited, offer coming soon....

Then...no thanks, we'll pass.

Wow.

Hey Host Analytics, do you realize people prepare for hours and hours to come and interview? They learn everything they can about your industry, pain points, and people? They move things around in their busy schedules to make time for you?

Have some respect for our time and intelligence please. Tighten up your recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your approach to recruiting   1 Answer

Director of Demand Generation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 14 people, did a mini-case study, and presented a 30/60/90 day plan. Honestly, it was overkill. I didn't need to meet with that many people, especially since they didn't hire anyone (I think they're updating/changing the job description). This was a frustrating experience. The reason they didn't hire me was something they knew on day one (they wanted more of a particular type of experience) which made me feel like they just wasted my time. They did not have a realistic expectation for this role.

Interview Questions

Host Analytics Response

Mar 16, 2016 – VP Talent

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that some unusual circumstances made your experience not as positive as it would usually be. As a result of your feedback, we have put in place some ... More

Interview

Host Analytics was great in communicating to me what the SDR job would entail, how I would be compensated, and what my career path would look like at this company. My interviews were very natural -- I wasn't hit with weird questions or led to believe that the SDR role is any different than it is. I was very impressed with the team here, and I knew from the start that I would fit in well.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult (but definitely expected) was when they ask to explain what the Host Analytics product does and who the competition is. For an entry-level sales person without a finance background, this was most difficult to explain in the beginning and is an important thing to know when applying to work anywhere.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews with everyone from the hiring manager to the CEO. Total number of interviews was 8. The interview process lasted for a couple of months. At times it seemed like the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Interviewers were not prepared for the interview. The interviewee had to do most of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you MultitaskHow do you handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was like pulling teeth. They want the best, but they want to pay a minimum. Whatever they offer, they will go up about 20%.

Activation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Host Analytics.

Interview

The usual questions, plus some specifics about Excel and general accounting knowledge. Spoke to team members, team lead, and members of upper management. Pretty informal overall, and probably one of the easier interviews that I've participated in. Hiring process took a little longer than I might have expected for so small a company.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Was referred by a recruiter. Had a phone interview, then was invited to a company mixer. After that they invited people they wanted back to the offices for a marathon interview with 6 members of the company (the heads of every department).

Interview Questions

• People are brought in for different reasons. they range from questions about what drives you, to what you think the main characteristics of an SDR should have, to what makes you happy in your free time.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First piece of the interview was a phone screen. It lasted about 30-45minutes and was pretty casual. Some small talk, some talk about the position and the company. Next, I met with a couple of the VP's and a couple others that I would be working with directly. Pretty casual interview and easy going. The company sounds laid back, like they strive for success and want their employees to grow within the company.

Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ponca City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Ponca City, OK) in September 2013.

Interview

It was difficult. They had an Indian that did not speak English well. Other than that, everyone was friendly and seemed interested in me. They asked basic customer support and customer service questions. They wanted to make sure I was intelligent and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What accounts are in the balance sheet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy. It took place over the phone and they gave me what I asked for.

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Wasn't as formal years ago, now you need to meet with multiple layers where a few years ago that was not the process. I met with the VP of Services and had already known a couple of the employees which helped quite a bit. I was already familiar with the product so the conversation was about how services did their job.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to do this type of work and what prepared me for this work?   Answer Question