Host Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Host Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.9

SDR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Host Analytics.

Interview

Simple and pretty basic interview. Just like most other SDR positions at other companies. Really nice people and extremely motivated to find the right people. Made the process somewhat fun and exciting.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 team members at different levels within the organization. I'd like to give a big shout out to the recruiting team. They were very helpful in terms of scheduling my interview and informing me of the fire drill that would be occurring around my interview time. They also had small gift bags to thank the candidates for their time!

Overall, the team was excited to have me there. There were no "gotcha" or oddly deep philosophical questions. They seemed like they were looking to build a team, not a group of individuals. They got back to me the same day with their decision.

Interview Questions

• When making calls and getting rejected all day, what keeps you coming back?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted after applying by them asking me to come onsite. Red flag. I requested a phone interview first, which they did do. Then, I came onsite to meet the team. First interviewer seemed polite, but kept checking the clock. Second interviewer was only with me for 10 minutes. By this point, we were already at the 1 hour time they had scheduled me for. Then they wanted to bring in a third interviewer, and did so without asking if I could accommodate going overtime. The third interviewer was nice and personable. Afterwards, he told me to sit tight and wait for the first interviewer to come back. I sat in the room for 25 minutes waiting for the first interviewer before I walked out. I was scheduled for an hour, and was there for two, which caused me to miss another interview. Very unprofessional.

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Host Analytics in May 2017.

Interview

Overall the process took 2+ months consisting of 2 phone screens, 2 Skype interviews, 1 onsite consisting of 3 rounds, 2 HR rounds. I regret interviewing with them as it wasted a lot of my time and energy. After several rounds of interviews responded back they are preparing for presenting an offer to me in a week but never responded for more than 3 weeks. Eventually when inquired about it, HR responded that they found another candidate which can be hired at the same position with less compensation and my compensation couldn't be matched. It was an extremely unprofessional behavior to make me wait just to see if they can find other candidate at low pay while I was completely fair with other offer in hand upfront.

Overall the interviewing process was OK but the HR and recruiter communication experience was the worst I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, Performance optimization and systems questions, coding questions, Behavioral questions, HR questions   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

A 3rd party recruiter presented the Host opportunity based on the similarity of my experience and the role. Phone interview was pretty standard, discussed: experience, role, expectations. After about 1-1/2 wks of silence, I rec'd the invite to come on-site. During the on-site interview I met with 3 people. There were no odd-ball questions, a few situational questions. I was able to provide examples of my success in similar roles, seemed to go well, at the end I asked for the next steps, the hiring mgr was very non-committal, "I have a lot of people to interview, I'll let you know by Fri". The next day I got a call from the recruiter saying they are no longer interested.

The company seems to be well run, but the Host Analytics product isn't sexy or cool, and the upside is there are a lot companies out there that are.

Interview Questions

• 1 - You would need to build a team, what are the characteristics of reps would you hire?
      2 - Why are you interested in Host?   2 Answers

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Three month process, countless phone calls and emails, three face to face interviews on separate occasions requiring travel to their office, more waiting, told by recruiter it was "in the bag" and then more waiting, super excited, offer coming soon....

Then...no thanks, we'll pass.

Wow.

Hey Host Analytics, do you realize people prepare for hours and hours to come and interview? They learn everything they can about your industry, pain points, and people? They move things around in their busy schedules to make time for you?

Have some respect for our time and intelligence please. Tighten up your recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your approach to recruiting   1 Answer

Director of Demand Generation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 14 people, did a mini-case study, and presented a 30/60/90 day plan. Honestly, it was overkill. I didn't need to meet with that many people, especially since they didn't hire anyone (I think they're updating/changing the job description). This was a frustrating experience. The reason they didn't hire me was something they knew on day one (they wanted more of a particular type of experience) which made me feel like they just wasted my time. They did not have a realistic expectation for this role.

Interview Questions

Host Analytics Response

Mar 16, 2016 – VP Talent

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that some unusual circumstances made your experience not as positive as it would usually be. As a result of your feedback, we have put in place some... More

Interview

Host Analytics was great in communicating to me what the SDR job would entail, how I would be compensated, and what my career path would look like at this company. My interviews were very natural -- I wasn't hit with weird questions or led to believe that the SDR role is any different than it is. I was very impressed with the team here, and I knew from the start that I would fit in well.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult (but definitely expected) was when they ask to explain what the Host Analytics product does and who the competition is. For an entry-level sales person without a finance background, this was most difficult to explain in the beginning and is an important thing to know when applying to work anywhere.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Host Analytics (Redwood City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews with everyone from the hiring manager to the CEO. Total number of interviews was 8. The interview process lasted for a couple of months. At times it seemed like the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Interviewers were not prepared for the interview. The interviewee had to do most of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you MultitaskHow do you handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was like pulling teeth. They want the best, but they want to pay a minimum. Whatever they offer, they will go up about 20%.

Activation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Host Analytics.

Interview

The usual questions, plus some specifics about Excel and general accounting knowledge. Spoke to team members, team lead, and members of upper management. Pretty informal overall, and probably one of the easier interviews that I've participated in. Hiring process took a little longer than I might have expected for so small a company.