HostGator.com Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

HostGator.com Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

When I got there I didn't know exactly where to go for my interview, the front desk was not at the front, it was down a hallway. The number + extension they sent in an email to have someone escort me was a line for customers, and when I entered the extension the phone system hung up on me. I had to ask a random person where the receptionist desk was located since I couldn't get in touch over the phone. Their training website was offline with an expired domain name and was at a parking page(the one they tell you to read before you show up for your interview). I told them about the expired domain and they fixed it in our interview. I sat down for a few minutes after telling the receptionist why I was there and filled out some paperwork I had already filled out previously online. She then sat me in a room with a computer and asked me to do a typing test 3 times. The person interviewing me was a manager(but I don't think he was a hiring manager as stated in the email, as he referred to someone else for the hire), and was very nice. He answered all of my questions in the best way possible.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you build a computer from scratch.
      Q. Port numbers for common services.
      Q. Describe a time when you were told you needed to improve on your work or improve something else at the workplace.
      Q. Describe a situation where you had to deal with an angry client and what did you do to make the client happy.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Certainly made the job out to be nicer than it is, and I left due to several problems but let's just stick to the interview. Which will take about 3 or more weeks to finally be called in for. But they do process new workers like cattle, so do not worry.

First is a Word per minute test. Try to get at least above the 50's. I scored 79, and apparently that was way above average there.

After that, you will have a short talk with a senior admin. Very fast, and simple process.

(Be ready for three weeks of poor training when you get it, and then get thrown to the wolves).

Also keep in mind that the schedule you set this day almost always changes.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to explain how to put together a PC, and what you know about DNS and basic webhosting. They just want to see if you can do the very basics.   4 Answers

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

took at typing test and then questions about building a computer. also took a test on what DNS was and how to set up a domain for a website that is all i have to say but i need to have 50 words for the review here.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Few questions asked about common computer knowledge.
    Took about 30 minutes, discussed what the job consists of and my background.
    Just go in with at least some knowledge about computers. Or study the sheet that they email you when you are offered to schedule an interview.
    Took about 2 hours to get an offer saying I was accepted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does DNS stand for?
      What do you need to build a PC?
      Answer Question

Windows Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The person interviewing did not know what the difference between MSSQL and Mysql was. Interviewer made unprofessional comments that I felt was not very HR appropriate. I ignored it as I was looking for a job but I don't think I'll be applying back to this company.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about my faith and religion. Upon telling him I did not want to discuss it the person quickly dismissed me in the conversation. It is obvious he is choosing just certain religions.   3 Answers

Director of Front Line Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Professional recorded interview so it could be shared with upper management. The recruiter asked appropriate interview questions in relation to the position. It felt like they already had the person they wanted for the job since he was already doing the job while the formal interview process was being conducted. This seems to be the case for most of the promotion opportunities into higher level positions.

Interview Questions

• How would I ensure the managers under me completed their employee's evaluations they are assigned.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a very casual one. Dress attire is very casual and not relaxed. Do not wear a suit they don't care. The interview seems to be conducted by employees themselves. It's very scripted and elementary. They ask you a couple personality/customer service questions followed by some very simple technical questions. The interview is a very short one. If you're good at interviews you'll pass with flying colors.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used cPanel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. I talked to a recruiting lady, and she sold me on the job. We then and an onsite interview. She called me the same day to offer the position. I was surprised it was pretty easy, but I studied the topics she mentioned over the phone the first time we spoke, and i am glad I did study.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's the same for everyone in my role.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I was asked basic troubleshooting question, they asked me if I know what css was, cPanel, WHM etc. It started of with a phone call and they asked about my customer service experience. Then I was asked about ways to calm an irate customer down.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX).

Interview

A few hours after the application I was asked to come in for an interview with the company. During the interview they asked several questions about DNS, outlook, and general webhosting questions.

Explain how DNS works.
    What are MX Records.
    What is cPanel.
    What is WHM.
    How do cPanel and WHM work together?
    Have you ever had to set up outlook for a friend?
    Do you have any customer service experience?
    What are the steps to trouble shooting an issue?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was provided a range ($9-12), and was asked what I felt was an acceptable rate.