HostGator.com Linux Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HostGator.com Linux Administrator Interview Questions

2.6

Linux Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX).

Interview

Everything was fast and accepted the offer they made me. If you are confident and know linux you should have no issues. It is all basic linux question and troubleshooting stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

They call and ask basic customer service questions then ask to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, i had the phone interview questions.   1 Answer

I didnt feel like they value employees much

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com.

Interview

After an initial phone screening from HR I took another interview/test with an administrator. I SSH'd into a box they had setup and performed some steps that he told me over the phone.

The technical interview was fairly easy, especially since I could take my time and was allowed to look up any details/man pages when needed.

Interview Questions

Not enough salary when taking into consideration relocating

Linux Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX).

Interview

Received my first phone interview which covered basic customer support questions. The second phone interview were some basic technical questions covering a range of topics as well as having to remotely log into one of their computers to do a technical exam. The whole process took just over a week.

Interview Questions

• What does customer support mean to you?

Customers email takes a few hours from sender to recipient, what would you do to trouble shoot the problem.
      Answer Question

Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

They brought me in and asked me silly questions about what kind of animal I would if I could be any animal. I told them I'd be a block of cheese. Apparently they did not agree that a block of cheese is an animal.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

The entire process took 1 week from initial interview to job offer. The first interview was question-based. They were looking for your experience and what your thought process was. The second part was an interactive interview, where you logged into one of their test environments and performed various commands and demonstrated various skills like searching, creating files with one command, networking terms, ports, etc. A lot of focus on CentOS, cPanel, and Linux.

Interview Questions

• How do you change a list of words in a file from slug format to Capitalized words? (ie police_officer to Police Officer)   2 Answers

Negotiation

First offer was $10k less then what I wanted in order to relocated. I negotiated $5k more and accepted offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Had an interview with a consulting company. Next, I was scheduled a linux exam and a telephone screening. These weren't very hard at all, and I was able to ace it with no problem.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. If you know Linux and are good with customers, then you can get a job offer here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made an offer, I asked for more and the company accepted my request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Filled out an online application. I received a call within a couple days asking if I could come in for an interview. The interview was purely technical asking questions about DNS, Linux commands and properties, website troubleshooting, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I filled out the online application and was contacted. I had to take a test that involved logging on to a Linux system (with screen so they could see what I was doing) and answering questions by looking on the Linux system and making changes in order to solve a problem; I did not get the answers to all the questions correct; I did not expect to be given an offer of employment and $3000 to relocate

Interview Questions

• How do you fix the following 500 ISE?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was 1-way (an implied take-it, or leave-it), given $3000 to relocate, but not told I'd have to pass a test in order to get the job. After relocating, you'd BETTER be prepared to pass!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview took about 35 mins. Asked basic Linux Web Server admin type questions.

I got the impression, though this position does not necessarily involve interacting directly with clients they do want people who can give good customer support so there were several customer support type questions as well.

e.g What is the most frustrating thing about dealing with a client?
    What is the most satisfying thing about customer support?

Interview Questions

• How do you control processes on a Linux server?   3 Answers
    • What do you find most frustrating about customer support?   1 Answer