HostGator.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HostGator.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2016

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HostGator.com.

Interview

Applied online. Sent link to online tests. Sent email asking to schedule HR interview. Sent email asked to schedule in person interview. Received job offer email same day took about a week from start to finish. HR screening- Alot of technical questions pointing domain names, email accounts, FTP some customer service pay attention alot of these questions are asked again at in person interview. In person interview- Supervisor had a list of questions. Supervisor read the questions and wrote down my answers. First part was all customer service related questions. Wanted specific examples for each question so be prepared with examples of how you have dealt with difficult customers, provided good customer service, etc. Also seemed very interested in how your best performance was ranked and what you didn't like about customer service jobs. Second part was technical questions. Study the link that is sent to you. Specifically know about how to point domain names, set up email accounts, know what each icon on cpanel does, definitions, what experience do you have with making websites, FTP etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was sent an email with terms of employment and asked to respond with an email.

Junior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial communications were a bit slow. I think it took about a month from application submission to initial email to set up an interview. Once an interview was scheduled, I received a study guide for possible questions I might encounter on the interview. It was essentially an intro to web hosting. The interviewer asked me some pretty basic questions about DNS and other services that I would use on a daily basis. After that came salary discussion and then start date.

Interview Questions

• I had come in during some pretty bad weather, and I got asked why I showed up when te interview had been rescheduled.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I started high, and they talked me down a little. If you got to this point, they already want you on staff, so be reasonable, but don't settle too low.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Daunting and nervous experience but not too bad. Just sit up straight and answer as best as possible.

Linux Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

They call and ask basic customer service questions then ask to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, i had the phone interview questions.   1 Answer

I didnt feel like they value employees much

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com.

Interview

After an initial phone screening from HR I took another interview/test with an administrator. I SSH'd into a box they had setup and performed some steps that he told me over the phone.

The technical interview was fairly easy, especially since I could take my time and was allowed to look up any details/man pages when needed.

Interview Questions

Not enough salary when taking into consideration relocating

Linux Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX).

Interview

Received my first phone interview which covered basic customer support questions. The second phone interview were some basic technical questions covering a range of topics as well as having to remotely log into one of their computers to do a technical exam. The whole process took just over a week.

Interview Questions

• What does customer support mean to you?

Customers email takes a few hours from sender to recipient, what would you do to trouble shoot the problem.
      Answer Question

Junior Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com in June 2013.

Interview

One interview which was basically asking questions pertaining to your knowledge of web hosting. What is DNS, IMAP, FTP, SQL, etc. Although never being in the industry, I aced the interview after carefully reviewing their support site and forum during the 2 days leading up to the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set wages and shifts. Take it or leave it mentality.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, basic questions and get to know you. If you are currently in college, they'll ask you what field you're studying. The more technical field (engineering), the better. I was studying computer science at the time so that's a huge plus in itself.

Interview Questions

• Q: what would you do in a situation where you don't have much information on a subject that a customer needs help with?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com in April 2013.

Interview

Don't interview, do not work there

Negotiation

Don't apply. They do not understand business climate. This is not a dorm room business anymore!!!!

Chat Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

was a 10 minute simple interview nothing to right home about............... ........... ................. ..... .......... .......... ...... ................ . ... ......... . .. . .. .

Negotiation

there was none should have declined.