Hostess Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.4

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Kansas City, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

It was really easy. Quick flight to KC for the interview and I was hired. Somdeone found me on Linked In and connected me to the wonderful hiring manager and HR. It was the best job I ever had, and prob ever will have.

Fleet Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Knoxville, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

Had to go register with the local unemployment office to even apply and bring them a copy of registration. Once I gave them it, I had to fill out a basic employment application. HR reviewed it and said they would be in touch if they were interested. I got a call asking if I could interview with the Fleet Manager which I accepted. I met with the Fleet Manager which on the application it talked about experience with Logistics and using Fleet Management Software. During the interview we briefly talked about these metrics and the knowledge of them and more about how good I was with ordering parts through internet based programs and filing paperwork. I knew from the beginning this was not going to be fun as my college degree was worth so much more but I was out of work and needed income for a period of time. I was offered the job but was told that I was probably overqualified for the position. Needless to say I took the job and lived in misery for about a year.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about filing paperwork?   1 Answer

Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roscoe, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Roscoe, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had one interview with the two bosses there. They were very friendly and laid back and awesome to work with. They pretty much told me I had the job. I had to wait two or 3 weeks before I actually got hired. they did a very thorough back ground check. After all of that it was pretty much easy.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me a lot of hard or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When can you start?

Loader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview

When I was hired on with Hostess, you needed to know someone in order to get in. Many people got in either through family, or through friends. Some people who had been within some aspect of the business (whether it be cake, bread or beverage sales) made their own way in. No difficult in the interview process, mostly do you think you can stand and bend and lift all day.

Interview Questions

• The job was not a technical job and the interview questions that were most in depth asked about math. I.e. There are 9 loaves of bread on a tray, 28 trays on a rack. How many loaves of bread; answer 252   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union contract . The New Hostess no longer is unionized

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (La Crosse, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

i didn't have to dress up nice so that was cool, it was very low key, it was not very formal, and she actually told me about how much the other candidates weren't a good fit for the job. Not many questions about my past experience either

Interview Questions

• What's your past experience?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview

Went in to find the HR Manager was in Orientation and no one knew I was to be interviewed. Things got fixed after about 15 min of them researching. The interview itself was a joke, nothing out of the ordinary. Seemed as though they were not prepared not seemed interested in interviewing. No mention of walking the plant. Bad Sign.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions... what are good at?   1 Answer

Manager, Customer Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I completed a skills assessment with a recruiter, had a one on one interview with the recruiter and then was scheduled for one on one Interviews a the company. I was lead to believer the interviews went well and was given very high praise for my answers to their questions, by background, skill set, and experience and was then told I was too strategic.

Interview Questions

• About my management of teams   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Baltimore, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

Review your resume with the branch manager. You must ask all questions about pay, benefits,training
    etc. If you do not ask
    you will never know. Too much probing just to get information an employer normally discloses at the interview. Next interview you must "role play" a sales pitch to showy your skills.Long waits because Mgr. does multiple interviews at the same time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hostess Brands in January 2009.

Interview

At the time I interviewed, I went through 1 with just me and the DSM, and the next with me 2 DSMs and there boss the state mngr. I went through a 3 week process.
    What I see now these guys come in with blue jeans and t shirts, I-View with a DSM, and a week later they throw them on a route and wonder why they quit ,and/or cant finish the route.

It seems there looking for a warm body that can pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you witness one of your fellow employees doing wrong, would you tell managment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiate? What, You better take what they offer, and that tends to change to the negitive over time.