Hostess Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Chandler, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty easy since I very much understood the business. I sat down and talked to the District Sales Manager and then he offered me the job. If I knew at the time that Hostess would go out of business in a little more than a year, I would have went somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous DSD experience.   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Springs, WY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Rock Springs, WY) in April 2011.

Interview

First began by applying online via hostess brands.com Then submitting information to create an account. Then wait for recruiter to contact you. Next set up first interview with time date and location after phone screen. Next have second interview with field human resource manager. The next interview was with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations happened during interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Baltimore, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

Review your resume with the branch manager. You must ask all questions about pay, benefits,training
    etc. If you do not ask
    you will never know. Too much probing just to get information an employer normally discloses at the interview. Next interview you must "role play" a sales pitch to showy your skills.Long waits because Mgr. does multiple interviews at the same time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Tampa, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online through there company website. I received a phone interview about a week later, than I was called into an interview by the District Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Fleet Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Knoxville, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

Had to go register with the local unemployment office to even apply and bring them a copy of registration. Once I gave them it, I had to fill out a basic employment application. HR reviewed it and said they would be in touch if they were interested. I got a call asking if I could interview with the Fleet Manager which I accepted. I met with the Fleet Manager which on the application it talked about experience with Logistics and using Fleet Management Software. During the interview we briefly talked about these metrics and the knowledge of them and more about how good I was with ordering parts through internet based programs and filing paperwork. I knew from the beginning this was not going to be fun as my college degree was worth so much more but I was out of work and needed income for a period of time. I was offered the job but was told that I was probably overqualified for the position. Needless to say I took the job and lived in misery for about a year.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about filing paperwork?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview

Interview process included driving down to the bakery in Illinios, spent time with the Human Resources Manager and other hiring officials. Had to present a valid drivers liscence and was asked typical questions that an HR official would ask. It was quite a few years ago for me, so I am a bit fuzzy on the details.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hostess Brands in December 2011.

Interview

Asked detailed sales questions...how you would approach new customers.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult time with a former employee?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hostess Brands in April 2009.

Interview

The first interview was more or less a casual conversation covering everything from prior work experience to sports and cars, before leaving I filled out an employment application as well as some other forms and awaited contact, after 2 days I returned to do a formal interview with the area manager and the HR department which entailed a series of "what if" and "tell me a time when" type of canned questions after which compensation was discussed. After the second interview I was given a timed computer based problem solving test that was roughly 100 questions which wasn't too difficult, I was offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best cantidate for this job? What do you have to offer that others do not?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hostess Brands in January 2009.

Interview

At the time I interviewed, I went through 1 with just me and the DSM, and the next with me 2 DSMs and there boss the state mngr. I went through a 3 week process.
    What I see now these guys come in with blue jeans and t shirts, I-View with a DSM, and a week later they throw them on a route and wonder why they quit ,and/or cant finish the route.

It seems there looking for a warm body that can pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you witness one of your fellow employees doing wrong, would you tell managment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiate? What, You better take what they offer, and that tends to change to the negitive over time.