Hostmark Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hostmark Hospitality Interview Questions

3.2

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostmark Hospitality (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with GM at property and Corporate Office. Corporate office was a mess. Offices were overflowing with paper. Very unprofessional. Interview at the hotel went well. GM was professional and asked questions that were well thought out.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostmark Hospitality (College Station, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed; took place during transition from one management company to another. The VP of Ops and VP of HR were very personable and did their best to keep everyone calm,

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is the difference between service and exceptional service   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hostmark Hospitality in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process went through Horizon Hospitality. It was a good experience. They were very thorough on a background check and explained the entire process. The interview process once Hostmark accepted your application was lengthy. They communicated very well with you and ensured that you understood what was expected. They fly you out to HQ for a full interview and final interview after you complete the interview with Horizon then with Regional Ops Manager at Hostmark. At HQ you meet with HR, VPO, Regional Ops Mgr, Controller. Then Horizon will call you and let you know the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What is the one aspect about your management skills you need to work on and how would go about changing that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate my wages.

Reg Director Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hostmark Hospitality (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

This process has changed, I was promoted along the line but now a potential candidate meets with a group comprised of the CEO, VP of Operations, VP of Human Resources and VP of Marketing/Revenue. Generally there will be an initial interview of the VP of HR and after a successful outcome with that the interview will be set up to meet with the group.

Interview Questions

• Given the current economic climate give examples of what you have been able to accomplish through your leadership, direction and creativity that yielded results   Answer Question

Negotiation

A salary range had previously been agreed on but their current vacation policy was nothing for the first full year and I asked for a 5 day vacation to be included. It was accepted and now the policy has changed to vacation time based on accrual.