Hostway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hostway

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hostway (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Entire process was spanned over 3 weeks. 1 phone interview with a recruiting person. Followed by 2 phone interviews with the hiring manager. Then, through email set up a 4-hour long interview gauntlet with 8 different people (30 minutes each, basically). Each mini-interview, since they didn't collaborate on questions, had a lot of repeated questions. I'd say 20 minutes of each interview was spent on repeated questions. Then, most of the folks would ask questions regarding my past experience, and try to tie it into the job description provided. Unfortunately, most of what they were asking wasn't actually part of the job description.
    They ended up not offering me the position because they were looking for someone with more experience in E-Commerce Web Development (salesforce type stuff). I could have told them I didn't have much commerce experience in the beginning, but there seems to have been a miscommunication, as E-Commerce Marketing was not listed on the job description.
    All in all, they were each lovely people with a great outlook on what they do and the company they work for. I wish them all the best, I thank them for this learning experience, and I hope they find the E-Commerce Web and Marketing Developer they are looking for!

Interview Questions

• My Favorite - What is your idea of a great day at work?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hostway (San Antonio, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Very long and lots of phone calls with various leaders of the organization. I had one in person interview and at that time it was told to me this was a formality and they were going to offer me the job. There were about 2 phone calls each week lasting from 30 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hostway in March 2013.

Interview

Very, rigorous. Several phone interviews, in person interviews, plus a "homework" assignment which included the creation of a powerpoint presentation, a web landing page and several PPC ads

Interview Questions

• Question regarding what I like to do in my spare time. I found it somewhat unprofessional,   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary when they had initially said they could not go any higher. I was also able to negotiate less time in San Antonio and more time in my home town which meant less commuting and more working from home. Overall there was some give and take although I don't feel that they were 100% honest during the process with what they COULD do, only about what they would do. Big difference.

Cloud Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostway.

Interview

Stay away. Did multiple interviews. They never got back to me with feedback. Interview consisted of multiple phone screens with director level and above. Asked for feedback times but never got any. At least provide your candidates with feedback if you interview them.

Marketing Automation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hostway (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Email response to an indeed application from HR. Phone interview with HR. Second interview with the hiring manager.

The process was going well until the interview with the hiring manager. She was 10 minutes late calling. Said she worked for Rackspace then corrected herself. Did not know who I was, or have my resume. Was completely unprepared. She started the interview by asking about intellectual processes from my former role which I explained I wasn't comfortable divulging, but that I could answer in general terms. She told me all the other candidates were fine with it & that it was time to end the interview. The interview lasted less than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How did you link campaigns and leads from Eloqua to Salesforce at (previous role)   Answer Question

Hostway Response

Nov 1, 2016 – Marketing Campaign Manager

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Hostway. All feedback is welcomed and viewed as a learning opportunity. Again, we appreciate your time and wish you the best of luck.

Cloud Systems Administrator (L3) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hostway (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Have 3 interview calls with USA Spend 50$ from my phone account, and after 3 interview get no notification, but was promised to get in touch in 2-3 weeks. After few weeks see AD on Glassdoor again, and now after 2 month past I see they still publishing same AD.

Interview Questions

• Different questions. Bad phone link quality, some words missing, some time really hard to recognize the question.   Answer Question

Hostway Response

Dec 12, 2016 – Marketing Campaign Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass this information to the hiring manager. We apologize for the inconvenience. This role as been filled, and we thank you for your time.

Dedicated Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostway (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was very detailed and the technical questions were on par for what the position required.
    Once I passed the phone interview, I went in and was interviewed by serveral System Administrators and the shift supervisor. Days after the interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Q. My reason for leaving my current position and working for Hostway?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation but the starting salary was decent at that time.

Sales Enablement & Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hostway (Austin, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process went well, with engaged employees that asked good questions and seemed genuinely interested in my background. Unfortunately I'm leaving a negative rating for two reasons. First, the executive I spoke with placed a great emphasis on his background as opposed to mine, which left me with a negative impression of him and Hostway. This didn't completely deter me from the opportunity, however the second reason I'm leaving a negative review is that Hostway never followed up with me after the interview process. This was following one phone interview and two in-person interviews. As someone currently working I found this to be extremely unprofessional and wouldn't recommend that anyone go through their process as I was left with no feedback or resolution.

Interview Questions

• From the executive: "What is the name of the company that I worked for longest in my career?"   1 Answer

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hostway (London, England (UK)) in June 2009.

Interview

Turned into a very unstructured interview as it rapidly became clear that the interviewer did not want to hire me because of my age - it seemed he expected me to want to sit behind a desk and tell people what to do rather than get "stuck in". I've never been that type of person, but he wasn't going to be persuaded.

Interview Questions

• Gave a detailed exam but didn't allow me to complete it. Many questions were of the type that you're refer to documentation to answer.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hostway (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in May 2014.

Interview

First a guy from an HR agency asked me if I am interested in the company and what they do and I agreed to send him my recent CV. After that before the interview they asked me to choose from 3 different problems and to solve one of them at home and send it to them. After that they invited me for an interview. There were 6 people interviewing me - 4 of them at the interview site and 2 were connected with us by a teleconference call. They asked me many different but not very difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to be noted really maybe except one of the the problems they gave me to choose from and make it at home - of implementing an algorithm for Directed Cyclic Graph, which finds the paths with a given cost between two nodes. There were few variations of that problem including finding the path with minimum cost between two nodes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary and almost nothing else.