Hot Dog on a Stick Employee/Hotdogger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hot Dog on a Stick

1 Interview Review

4.0

Employee/Hotdogger Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick.

Interview

All applications are online and they will call you if they are interested in interviewing you for the position. Managers are mostly hired internally, so your best bet is to start low and move up. If you impress them in the interview, you will be scheduled for a two hour "audition" where you work up front with their employees to prove your ability to work at the pace they require with the personality to impress the customers. Either way, you get paid for it! If that goes well, you are given a position with a probationary period, and if you learn the skills needed for the job in the allotted probation time, you secure your position on the team. The management is open to all types of candidates and looks less at experience and more at attitude and willingness to learn. If you don't go out of your way to impress the customer, they will find someone who will.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it" They were looking to see how I deal with unexpected stress to see what I would do on the job, but I didn't plan to look into my memory for that one right off the top of my head.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting pay isn't really negotiable, since it is an introductory job. However, pay is above the minimum wage. They are super flexible with scheduling though. You tell them when you are open and they fit you in. Of course, if you aren't very available, they probably won't interview you in the first place.