Hot Dog on a Stick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Dog on a Stick Interview Questions

Interviews at Hot Dog on a Stick

2.0

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call and came in on my interview day not being previously informed that it was a group interview. So 6 other people were also being interviewed with me. I got called back to do an "audition." I was first assigned to read the company's dress guidelines and history, which only took about 5 minutes. I then put on their uniform and was shown how to make lemonade. I then made two batches of lemonade and then gave out samples but it was a slow day. Out of the 6 people going for this job, all 6 got called back for an audition and I was the very first one to have it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Carson, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an in person sort of thing as I was at my local mall and the manager told me they were looking to hire and recommended that I apply. I did so and came back 2 days later for an interview. It wasn't hard not easy about average the only reason I declined was they need about a month to train you and then actual work begins and I would be leaving sooner than that to go to school out of state.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about my work ethic and why I wanted to work there. But some of the branches so ask about the values they hold and wether or not you agree with them so be conscious of that possibility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (West Covina, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

It was fairly easy it only took about 15-20 mins and I also got a free lemonade as a sample.At the same time it was a group interview so it was between me and my friend trying to compete which one would get it.

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Carson, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a serious of questions my interview was a group interview. The second interview is what they call an auction and they pretty much watch you work and see if you are cut out for the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you experienced bad customer service ?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick in April 2015.

Interview

I take a seat with the other people who applied and one-by-one the manager would interview us privately. One part included us drinking a sample of the lemonade and describing it to someone who's never had it before. If they liked you, you got an "audition" mine consisted of learning and making lemonade. (I don't think that's how they do it anymore though)

Interview Questions

• Who is your hero and why?
      Would you be willing to clean if told?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick.

Interview

Initial interview is a relaxed 'get to know you' meeting between the manager and applicant. Next interview the applicant comes in and "auditions". The applicant is given a uniform and works the floor with the manager and employees working. They learn how to stomp lemonade, make batter, and sample. If the applicant is strong they may be told they are hired at the end of the audition. If there are multiple applicants a followup call is made in the following days. The process for hiring a manager is not formal. The position is usually posted, for legal reasons, however 99% of the time the position is usually handed down to the assistant manager of that location, as they are familiar with the store processes already.

Interview Questions

• This is not a technical company by any means. The toughest question you'd be asked in an interview would probably be something around reason for leaving your last place of employment... or "are you willing to work Sundays". For a manager position, the most difficult question would be "are you willing to come in and drop whatever you're doing if and when an employee no shows?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process was actually surprising. I came into the mall and said I was there for my interview and instead of being invited inside the store, the manager actually came out and said we were going to take a walk around the mall. I instantly felt relieved that I didn't have to have my first interview sitting down staring face to face at my interviewer. He asked a lot of general questions about myself and it was more of a conversation than anything. He actually ran out of things to ask and we just walked back. It took probably 5 minutes max.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick.

Interview

The interview was fairly casual and in a group setting. The first interview involved basic personality and availability questions. Generally, the managers are looking for hard workers that are enthusiastic and teachable. If you display these qualities of the type of employee they want, they will invite you to come back for an "audition" at the store.

The audition process is a quick introduction of the different roles you will fill as an employee: serving customers, making batter and lemonade, and sampling products. This is where the hiring manager will see if you are a good fit for the crew. Depending on how busy your specific store is, it may be overwhelming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Santa Clarita, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I actually had a joint interview with my younger sister. The manager and assistant manager interviewed the both of us at the same time in the food court near Hot Dog on a Stick. Our interviewers were incredibly nice, and it was very easy to speak with them.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why do you want to work for Hot Dog on a Stick? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? What does customer service mean to you? What can you offer our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (City of Industry, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a one on one interview. I was a little nervous at first but the interviewer was really nice and friendly. The questions weren't too hard they were basically just based off my personality. They recently called me back for an audition and still have yet to experience that.