Hot Topic Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.1

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I had a group interview, there was three other potential employees with me. The manager sat us all down and asked questions then had us all answer the question one by one. The trickiest part was that what you wanted to say to answer was almost always taken by another person if you weren't asked first. So on the fly having to think of an original answer was a bit of a struggle.

Interview Questions

• What type of music are you interested in?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was shopping one day and the store manager had already seen me there once or trice. We chatted each time she worked when I visited. On one occasion, the manager asked what I was up to and I informed here that I was job searching. She told me I was "totally cool" and asked me if I wanted a job. I filled out the application and she ensured me I would be hired after the interview process. We sat at table just across from the store and we literally had the time of our lives. I started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Well, six years ago, I am certain it was the the typical interview question selection: have you every stolen from an employer; what is you work experience; how long have you shopped here and what was your first experience like; what makes you unique and what are your strengths/qualities; etc? I might've even been asked about my favorite bands, artists, and pop culture items.   Answer Question

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The interview questions consisted of questions related to you, and your interests. They do ask a couple of questions of your past work experience, but nothing to detailed. They really emphasize pop culture, so if you don't really watch shows, and you listen to One directions, you more than likely won't hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. What shows do you watch?
      2. What is your favorite band?
      3. How would you describe your style?
      2 Answers

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The process took forever I had to wait a week between two separate interviews. The first one was a pretty standard one on one interview with the manager but the second one was a group interview between me and like 5 other girls with the district manager about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Just standard interview questions why do you want to work her strengths weaknesses sales experience what do you bring to the table ect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Visalia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied about a month ago before I was called for an interview the next day. The assistant manager interviewed me in the food court, she asked me basic questions about my favorite music, TV, movies, ext. Then I was called for a second interview with the manager and what confused me was that he just asked me the exact same questions the girl asked. Both of them basically told me that our main goal is to sell and push things on people which really ticked me off since I hate going to stores like that. I was offered a position but I turned it down.

Interview Questions

I did not agree with the management values.

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions about my customer service experience, scenarios about someone stealing, the type of music I listened too (make sure you mention bands they sell in the store) and tell them you follow the 'Hot Topic' of popularity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Las Cruces, NM).

Interview

Simple one on one interview in food court. Manager was very personable and he liked that I had a lot of customer service background. Even though I had no previous retail experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Daly City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was fairly short an painless, as well as informal, didn't even go to the back room for the questions. I simply came in and answered a few questions and explained why I wanted the position and why I thought I would be a good match for it.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite bands?
       Are you signed up for any fashion magazines?
      Which store in this mall would you consider the most fashion forward?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Riverside, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

it was a group interview, so it was sort of awkward and you had to fight to get a word in. There's not much more to say about it other than that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hot Topic in August 2014.

Interview

I turned in my application 2 months ago and I didn't expect them to call after that but they called me the day before the interview was schedule so the next day I went to the interview with 4 other people. Personal I thought I aced the interview because I was more outspoken than anyone else but I was also the one with no piercings, no tatoos, or any kind of color in my hair which kinda sucks. I didn't get a call back the schedule day so the position has been taken, but I think its because I didn't fit the "look".

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What kind of music do you like?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      What do people describe you as?
      Answer Question