Hot Topic Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.2

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

On Sunday, I turned in the Application form in person, and luckily the manager was there that day, he said to come on Friday at 3;30. I was honestly nervous as hell, but the more i talked to the manager i started to be comfortable. For people wondering what to wear, just wear any band t-shirt that you like or something similar to Hot Topic brand! i wore my Of Mice & Men tank top with black pants and some boots.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weakness   1 Answer
  • What are your fave bands you listen to   1 Answer
  • What job experience have you had before   1 Answer
  • What is your fave thing in the store that they license   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I had a group interview, there was three other potential employees with me. The manager sat us all down and asked questions then had us all answer the question one by one. The trickiest part was that what you wanted to say to answer was almost always taken by another person if you weren't asked first. So on the fly having to think of an original answer was a bit of a struggle.

Interview Questions

• What type of music are you interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was shopping one day and the store manager had already seen me there once or trice. We chatted each time she worked when I visited. On one occasion, the manager asked what I was up to and I informed here that I was job searching. She told me I was "totally cool" and asked me if I wanted a job. I filled out the application and she ensured me I would be hired after the interview process. We sat at table just across from the store and we literally had the time of our lives. I started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Well, six years ago, I am certain it was the the typical interview question selection: have you every stolen from an employer; what is you work experience; how long have you shopped here and what was your first experience like; what makes you unique and what are your strengths/qualities; etc? I might've even been asked about my favorite bands, artists, and pop culture items.   Answer Question

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The interview questions consisted of questions related to you, and your interests. They do ask a couple of questions of your past work experience, but nothing to detailed. They really emphasize pop culture, so if you don't really watch shows, and you listen to One directions, you more than likely won't hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. What shows do you watch?
      2. What is your favorite band?
      3. How would you describe your style?   2 Answers

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The process took forever I had to wait a week between two separate interviews. The first one was a pretty standard one on one interview with the manager but the second one was a group interview between me and like 5 other girls with the district manager about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Just standard interview questions why do you want to work her strengths weaknesses sales experience what do you bring to the table ect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Visalia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied about a month ago before I was called for an interview the next day. The assistant manager interviewed me in the food court, she asked me basic questions about my favorite music, TV, movies, ext. Then I was called for a second interview with the manager and what confused me was that he just asked me the exact same questions the girl asked. Both of them basically told me that our main goal is to sell and push things on people which really ticked me off since I hate going to stores like that. I was offered a position but I turned it down.

Interview Questions

I did not agree with the management values.

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions about my customer service experience, scenarios about someone stealing, the type of music I listened too (make sure you mention bands they sell in the store) and tell them you follow the 'Hot Topic' of popularity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Las Cruces, NM).

Interview

Simple one on one interview in food court. Manager was very personable and he liked that I had a lot of customer service background. Even though I had no previous retail experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Daly City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was fairly short an painless, as well as informal, didn't even go to the back room for the questions. I simply came in and answered a few questions and explained why I wanted the position and why I thought I would be a good match for it.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite bands?
       Are you signed up for any fashion magazines?
      Which store in this mall would you consider the most fashion forward?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Riverside, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

it was a group interview, so it was sort of awkward and you had to fight to get a word in. There's not much more to say about it other than that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer