Hot Topic Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Hot Topic

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (San Antonio, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Basically, it was a group interview where they just asked us a lot of questions about the store, what kind of music we listen to, are we good working with people, do we know how to fold, and a few things about to customer service. It wasn't that hard, Just kind of intimidating when the manager asked us about our prior work experience because everyone had either high work experience, or just a better answer.

Interview Questions

• What kind of music do you listen to?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Carbondale, IL) in September 2008.

Interview

My interview was very positive. The management was friendly and informative. They honestly were interested in finding the best possible people for the job, asked plenty of questions and gave time for me to ask questions of my own.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation. It was a minimum wage job at the mall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Got called for an interview a couple months after applying. Set up two interviews, both of which were very relaxed. Second one involved picking out an outfit for the manager.

Interview Questions

• Most are simple questions about your favorite music and how you keep up with pop culture. Nothing too hard.   1 Answer

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I turned an application in and about a week later they called to set up an interview. I showed up about ten minutes early and the manager was really friendly from the start. We walked to the nearby indoor Starbucks and talked about music, pop culture, retail experience, etc. She had to fill out a sheet which they recently got so she said she felt just as new to this experience as I did with that. After the interview I asked a few questions and she was pleased that I was interested. When we got back to the store I was asked to come back for a floor interview so they can see how I do. Overall, it was really relaxed and laid back. Easiest interview I've been to thus far.

Interview Questions

• Probably "if someone picks up a tshirt of (said band) what other shirts and bands would you recommend?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation, the job is minimum wage at first.

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Whitehall, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Wear anything you want, i was stressing out about what to wear. Honestly plain jeans black shoes and a black tshirt will do fine. I applied in the store, got a call 2 weeks later for an interview. I was told I got the job during the interview. I was expecting a group interview but was very happy to see it was just me and the manager. Tips for group interviews, make sure you answer the questions first. You want to sound upbeat and excited.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, Why do you want to work for hot topic? Dont worry if you dont listen to rock or metal bands but just make sure you know what they sell in the store   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. Minimum wage no matter how much experience you have, but the employee discount is awesome 40% off

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

these are done informally and best to dress to the store brand. if not you could quickly be over looked

Interview Questions

Negotiation

took about a month to get a call back about the interview set up, then about a week to hear back that i got the job

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions about my customer service experience, scenarios about someone stealing, the type of music I listened too (make sure you mention bands they sell in the store) and tell them you follow the 'Hot Topic' of popularity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hot Topic in August 2014.

Interview

I turned in my application 2 months ago and I didn't expect them to call after that but they called me the day before the interview was schedule so the next day I went to the interview with 4 other people. Personal I thought I aced the interview because I was more outspoken than anyone else but I was also the one with no piercings, no tatoos, or any kind of color in my hair which kinda sucks. I didn't get a call back the schedule day so the position has been taken, but I think its because I didn't fit the "look".

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What kind of music do you like?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      What do people describe you as?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Las Cruces, NM).

Interview

Simple one on one interview in food court. Manager was very personable and he liked that I had a lot of customer service background. Even though I had no previous retail experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I was really persistant to work here at the age of 15 and one summer, I finally got the call to come in for an interview. I came in casually dressed in jeans and graphic t-shirt. The manager took me out near the food court and began asking me questions. The interview took about 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asks for merchandise we don't carry?   Answer Question