Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

On Sunday, I turned in the Application form in person, and luckily the manager was there that day, he said to come on Friday at 3;30. I was honestly nervous as hell, but the more i talked to the manager i started to be comfortable. For people wondering what to wear, just wear any band t-shirt that you like or something similar to Hot Topic brand! i wore my Of Mice & Men tank top with black pants and some boots.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weakness   3 Answers
    • What are your fave bands you listen to   2 Answers
    • What job experience have you had before   1 Answer
    • What is your fave thing in the store that they license   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2017.

Interview

they did a group interview they were really nice and energetic. They sat us down and gave us 2 mins to talk about ourselves. They get back to you really fast over all great experience

Interview Questions

• what made you wanna apply to hottopic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Glendale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to turn in my application in-person and immediately had a mini interview with the assistant manager. Later the same day the store manager called me and said that he would like to set up an interview with me and 5 days later was my interview and it went smoothly. Unfortunately I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hot Topic?
      Why should I hire you?
      Name your top 5 bands.
      What's your favorite food?
      What is the difference between customer service and selling?
      What stores do you shop at?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview, turns out I was told the wrong day. Along with who knows how many other people. The girl taking our names was extremely rude and yelled at us like it was our fault her fellow manager told us all the wrong day. She had people coming in all day asking about interviews but I’m a little surprised that by maybe the 5th person she didn’t call that manager and let him know so someone could call people and make sure they didn’t think it was yesterday. And she really didn’t need to be rude about it, it wasn’t our fault. I have social anxiety and she just made me feel horrible about myself by yelling at me to speak louder and tell me that manager wasn’t even working that day. So, I won’t be going back even if they do want to reschedule. Horrible way to treat people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and they asked mostly questions about pop culture. The interviewers were kind and nice and said we would be in contact soon . All in all it was a very positive experience and I hope I get the job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

She asked basic questions not many, she mainly did all the talking about loss prevention because our mall had a lot of theft so she was mainly talking about that. The interview process is very easy honestly nothing to be worried about.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Newark, DE).

Interview

I was initially hired as a keyholder so I only had to interview with my district manager since my store manager recommended me. She was very laid back and asked me about past managerial experiences and how I would react to employees not working.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult employee?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with talking to employees about work behavior?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview, then a couple of weeks later had a face to face with the Project manager and Art Director. I came in with a recommendation from a current employee so I felt confident walking through those doors. I initially sent out the necessary post interview emails and waited. About a month went by and I found out they didn't want to hire a Senior position but two junior positions, something to do with the speed of the dept.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Knoxville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring manger, who was maybe 25 tops, called me and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. He made it clear that he was conducting many interviews in one day. I was going to be out of town on that particular for a while, so I ended up coming in right before I was supposed to leave and was the only person interviewed on this particular day. He took me to a bench some distance away from the store, where he asked me some questions mainly pertaining to pop culture. It was very casual and laid-back, which was grand except for the fact that he seemed to be fumbling with the questions and overall gave off the impression that he had not much practice interviewing candidates. He explained to me how training would go, so I was under the impression that it had went well. Then I received a phone call a week later, which I missed because I was at the beach. There was no voicemail, so I was unsure what to expect when I called back. Long story short, he said he had gone with the other candidates.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Fairbanks, AK) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and fairly informal, was conducted on bench outside of store in mall hallway. The manager was relaxed yet very professional. She seemed to know exactly what she was looking for in a hire-able candidate. She was very honest about how the store worked and ran, even included the true struggles and challenges of the job which was very refreshing.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position at Hot Topic?

What do you know about the company?

Tell me about your past management experience?

What could you bring to our store if I were to hire you?

Have you ever held a position where you were responsible for meeting daily sales goals?

How would you deal with a difficult employee?   Answer Question