Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Very detailed

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

When I was interviewed I was told first thing that I was hired. The manager took me in the back and had a one on one interview with me. We mostly talked about music. It was the easiest and most awkward interview I had ever taken. This was five years ago and the manager was a really terrible person. He really didn't care. He was fired in less than a year. I do the hiring now and it is a longer process in which I get to know who I am letting into my work place to see if they work well with my team and the tasks at hand.

Interview Questions

• I had to fill out one of those "what's right and wrong" question booklets. The ones that ask "if you put an item in your pocket without paying for it, is it consider stealing?"   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The interview process can sometimes take a while. You may need to meet with a few different managers over the course of a month or so before they make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would absolutely try to negotiate your salary. Hot Topic likes to start on the low end. Take this advice ESPECIALLY if you are getting promoted internally.

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I was really persistant to work here at the age of 15 and one summer, I finally got the call to come in for an interview. I came in casually dressed in jeans and graphic t-shirt. The manager took me out near the food court and began asking me questions. The interview took about 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asks for merchandise we don't carry?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online, then came into the store. The manager interviewed me on the spot. Needless to say, I was flustered.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation that you got your way out of?   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer made me very comfortable, this was an interview over the phone before getting called into for an actual in-person interview. The interviewer had asked a lot of questions pertaining to my background from college and not much from my experience from my previous jobs. I guess this is for them to see if I am considered a possible candidate for them.

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very standard - it began with a phone screening with HR followed by in person interview at their headquarters. I thought, the way the "in person" interview was handled was rather unprofessional. First of all the hiring manager for whom I was scheduled to interview was a no-show so I ended up only meeting with two people who weren't even hiring for their department. What is the point of having someone come in when the main point of contact is unavailable? The people who interview did not seem prepare for an interview and barely asked me any question pertaining to the position I applied to online.

After the interview I followed up with a HR to ask if she had any feedback for me from the interview, I never got so much as a reply. Very professional.

Complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 6 of us outside at the tables and the assistant manager asked us questions and we all answered and she said shed contact us in few days if were what they want

Interview Questions

• Why is Hot Topic your job choice?   1 Answer

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Newark, DE).

Interview

I was initially hired as a keyholder so I only had to interview with my district manager since my store manager recommended me. She was very laid back and asked me about past managerial experiences and how I would react to employees not working.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult employee?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with talking to employees about work behavior?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview, turns out I was told the wrong day. Along with who knows how many other people. The girl taking our names was extremely rude and yelled at us like it was our fault her fellow manager told us all the wrong day. She had people coming in all day asking about interviews but I’m a little surprised that by maybe the 5th person she didn’t call that manager and let him know so someone could call people and make sure they didn’t think it was yesterday. And she really didn’t need to be rude about it, it wasn’t our fault. I have social anxiety and she just made me feel horrible about myself by yelling at me to speak louder and tell me that manager wasn’t even working that day. So, I won’t be going back even if they do want to reschedule. Horrible way to treat people.