Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Salinas, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager made me feel comfortable, and the questions were based on retail experiences and loss prevention. They wanted to know if I had any interests in pop culture, and how I stayed up to date with it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a fellow employee stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Aventura, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very brief discussion and questionnaire with Store Manager, asking mostly about my experience in retail, my availability, my knowledge of Hot Topic and the products they sell, and if I am willing to move up in positions at the store.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to move up from Sales Associate to a Manager position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Fresno, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was called in after submitting an application. The assistant manager asked me about 5 questions. It was a standing interview. Later that week, I got called in with three other people to do an on-the-job interview. Help customers, put together an outfit, etc. The next day, I was told that I got the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2017.

Interview

they did a group interview they were really nice and energetic. They sat us down and gave us 2 mins to talk about ourselves. They get back to you really fast over all great experience

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

On Sunday, I turned in the Application form in person, and luckily the manager was there that day, he said to come on Friday at 3;30. I was honestly nervous as hell, but the more i talked to the manager i started to be comfortable. For people wondering what to wear, just wear any band t-shirt that you like or something similar to Hot Topic brand! i wore my Of Mice & Men tank top with black pants and some boots.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weakness   3 Answers
    • What are your fave bands you listen to   2 Answers
    • What job experience have you had before   1 Answer
    • What is your fave thing in the store that they license   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Super relaxed and painless. Turned in my application, got a call back within the week and scheduled the interview, came to the store and the assistant manager took me outside and we sat at a table for the interview. I got interviewed two separate times including this one, the second being the manager for the location, which also went painlessly. I got a call back within a couple days with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to try and sell them something from the store in a mock-situation type of test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and they asked mostly questions about pop culture. The interviewers were kind and nice and said we would be in contact soon . All in all it was a very positive experience and I hope I get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview, turns out I was told the wrong day. Along with who knows how many other people. The girl taking our names was extremely rude and yelled at us like it was our fault her fellow manager told us all the wrong day. She had people coming in all day asking about interviews but I’m a little surprised that by maybe the 5th person she didn’t call that manager and let him know so someone could call people and make sure they didn’t think it was yesterday. And she really didn’t need to be rude about it, it wasn’t our fault. I have social anxiety and she just made me feel horrible about myself by yelling at me to speak louder and tell me that manager wasn’t even working that day. So, I won’t be going back even if they do want to reschedule. Horrible way to treat people.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

They went over my application, asked me a few questions including some scenario questions. They also gave me a tour of the distribution center and asked me about what days and shift I preferred.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time that someone mad you angry at work and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Glendale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to turn in my application in-person and immediately had a mini interview with the assistant manager. Later the same day the store manager called me and said that he would like to set up an interview with me and 5 days later was my interview and it went smoothly. Unfortunately I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hot Topic?
      Why should I hire you?
      Name your top 5 bands.
      What's your favorite food?
      What is the difference between customer service and selling?
      What stores do you shop at?   2 Answers