Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Katy, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Requested an application in-store and turned it in a week later. Was called in about two weeks later and had an interview with an assistant manager. She passed on my resume to the store manager and after an interview with her, I received a call the next day offering me the job and setting up an orientation.

Interview Questions

• What role would you feel most comfortable in the store doing?   1 Answer
    • How do you expose yourself to pop culture?   1 Answer

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (East Brunswick, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I was already working at HT for a year before undergoing an interview for a promotion. The interview was very based on sales numbers and metrics. It seemed more like a pop quiz then an actual analysis of my fitness for the position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I had a group interview, there was three other potential employees with me. The manager sat us all down and asked questions then had us all answer the question one by one. The trickiest part was that what you wanted to say to answer was almost always taken by another person if you weren't asked first. So on the fly having to think of an original answer was a bit of a struggle.

Interview Questions

• What type of music are you interested in?   1 Answer

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Applied online and also referred by an HR recruiter. Interviewed on the phone then later in person. Interviewed back to back with about 6 different people in the same day. Said I would be contacted in about a week. After the week passed, I reached out to HR which said the team was still deciding. Waited 2 more weeks and reached out again, this time no response.

Interview Questions

• If your former supervisor could say 3 things about you what would they say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Lafayette, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and after a week of no answer, I called the store. It turns out the online applications weren't working properly, so I was invited to fill out an application in the store. I showed up and put in my application, and I scheduled an interview right then. When I went for the interview, it seemed to go smoothly, with the interviewer even saying I had the look and seemed to enjoy the store. She told me she'd get in touch with me if I got the job, but I never heard anything after that. I don't have any negative feelings, I just wish they would notify when they decide they're not going to hire you, because I was anxiously watching my phone the entire next week.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Jeffersonville, OH).

Interview

I had two interviews being that I was going for management position. First was with a manager and then I had an interview with the DM! It was fun and very calm. They asked very simple questions and then normal and then talked about pop culture and movies and music. Something you would expect from HT

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on music and bands.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They matched what I was making at my other job but I wish I would have asked for more.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Called the store and asked to speak with a hiring manager then asked the hiring manager if they were hiring. They asked what my experience was then asked if i could come in that day. Went in and browsed around the store till i got to speak with the manager. She was very nice. Everyone in that store was very nice. We talked for literally like 5 minutes. Felt like a conversation with a friend. She basically just asked why i want to work there/availability and said she liked the fact i had sales experience. Then said she'll give me a call tomorrow and let me know. (Fingers crossed) but since the interview was so short idk.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2016.

Interview

About a 20-30 minute interview, I was asked what I did and didn't like about my other employers, asked how many times I've been late and left early in the past year. They schedule their employees a regular 40 hours a week during their slow season and bump everyone up to about 60 during the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to go to management about a coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Group Interview for Seasonal Hire, Very friendly discussion. There were 3 of us interviewing and one manager. It was quick and painless. The manager was mostly getting a feel for our personalities and ability to deal with high volume customers during the holidays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grand Forks, ND) in November 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out a paper application and deliver it to the store, as the online application is messed up and won't work. I then had to wait almost two weeks to get a phone call to set up an interview. We went to another part of the mall to have a 1:1 interview. Then they took forever to get back to me and then they told me that they already filled the positions, but I see them posting on Indeed how they still need help in the areas that they said that they'd saved my application for.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do you find new music/what are your favorite bands?   Answer Question