Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.1

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Jeffersonville, OH).

Interview

I had two interviews being that I was going for management position. First was with a manager and then I had an interview with the DM! It was fun and very calm. They asked very simple questions and then normal and then talked about pop culture and movies and music. Something you would expect from HT

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on music and bands.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They matched what I was making at my other job but I wish I would have asked for more.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Called the store and asked to speak with a hiring manager then asked the hiring manager if they were hiring. They asked what my experience was then asked if i could come in that day. Went in and browsed around the store till i got to speak with the manager. She was very nice. Everyone in that store was very nice. We talked for literally like 5 minutes. Felt like a conversation with a friend. She basically just asked why i want to work there/availability and said she liked the fact i had sales experience. Then said she'll give me a call tomorrow and let me know. (Fingers crossed) but since the interview was so short idk.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2016.

Interview

About a 20-30 minute interview, I was asked what I did and didn't like about my other employers, asked how many times I've been late and left early in the past year. They schedule their employees a regular 40 hours a week during their slow season and bump everyone up to about 60 during the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to go to management about a coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Group Interview for Seasonal Hire, Very friendly discussion. There were 3 of us interviewing and one manager. It was quick and painless. The manager was mostly getting a feel for our personalities and ability to deal with high volume customers during the holidays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grand Forks, ND) in November 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out a paper application and deliver it to the store, as the online application is messed up and won't work. I then had to wait almost two weeks to get a phone call to set up an interview. We went to another part of the mall to have a 1:1 interview. Then they took forever to get back to me and then they told me that they already filled the positions, but I see them posting on Indeed how they still need help in the areas that they said that they'd saved my application for.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do you find new music/what are your favorite bands?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Henderson, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied before the holidays,and two days later I got a call for an interview. I went to a group interview at the end of the week and then advanced to a second group interview the next day. Got a call with a job offer the next day. I then accepted the job.The questions were very easy and were more so aimed to find out how versed you are in pop culture and music. It helps to throw in a lot of information about how you want to connect with the customers by trying to find out what they want to buy.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about hot topic?
      What do you think is the key to selling products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Aventura, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very brief discussion and questionnaire with Store Manager, asking mostly about my experience in retail, my availability, my knowledge of Hot Topic and the products they sell, and if I am willing to move up in positions at the store.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to move up from Sales Associate to a Manager position?   1 Answer

Distribution Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

After I replied, human resources emailed me about a week later, I went in for an interview and they sent me an offer a couple days later. They asked general questions. Pretty easy interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (El Centro, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied during a job fair in my town, turned in my resume and application to one of the managers. Within a week, I got a call for an interview at 1:45pm on a Thursday.

Interview Questions

• When is it okay to steal?   1 Answer
    • From favorite to least put in order what you would like to work for; Greeter, Cashier, and Unloading Merchandise? Why?   Answer Question
    • Whats your best and worst customer service? Explain. (Restaurant, Retail, Convenient Store, etc.)   Answer Question
    • If I called your supervisors/teachers right now, what would they say about you? Explain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 6 of us outside at the tables and the assistant manager asked us questions and we all answered and she said shed contact us in few days if were what they want

Interview Questions

• Why is Hot Topic your job choice?   1 Answer