Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.1

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Well it was a matter of taking the position or not. They just explain benefits, shift, and schedule. They wanted to go me Monday thru Friday 40 hour schedule with mandatory weekends and overtime. I immediately rejected, seeing as that was too much, especially for a company that targets the people into subculture and against the status quo with heavy interest in rock music. I thought it was hypocritical and too much work.

Interview Questions

• Can you mandatory weekends and overtime?   1 Answer

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was shopping one day and the store manager had already seen me there once or trice. We chatted each time she worked when I visited. On one occasion, the manager asked what I was up to and I informed here that I was job searching. She told me I was "totally cool" and asked me if I wanted a job. I filled out the application and she ensured me I would be hired after the interview process. We sat at table just across from the store and we literally had the time of our lives. I started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Well, six years ago, I am certain it was the the typical interview question selection: have you every stolen from an employer; what is you work experience; how long have you shopped here and what was your first experience like; what makes you unique and what are your strengths/qualities; etc? I might've even been asked about my favorite bands, artists, and pop culture items.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived to the mall about 15 minutes before my interview and headed to the Hot Topic store. When I got there I was greeted by the hiring manager. She took me and three other people to the food court and we all sat around a table and answered her questions one by one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hot Topic?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a friend stealing from the store?   1 Answer
    • How long have you shopped at Hot Topic?   Answer Question
    • What was the last movie you saw?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview about a week later. I sat down in the food court with the store manager for the interview. He asked questions for about fifteen minutes, and then we went into the store. We role-played different customer situations to see how I would react to them, and even had me talk to a few customers to try to help them pick stuff out.

Interview Questions

• What kind of music, movies, and tv shows do you like?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and waited two months before getting a call back. Got the in person interview. It went well, I thought, but a week passed, like i was told, and nothing. No call. I didn't call because I don't want to be that person.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Easy, general questions about self and retail. Asked me about my favorite music, movies, etc. Asked me about my background. I had no prior retail experience, so I mostly used common sense and was fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grove City, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple and relaxed and done in the back. Was asked the usually questions.I think I was just too nervous and that hurt me for a chance. Did not get any call back saying I wasn't hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in March 2016.

Interview

I just had one interview. I came in, did the interview with the Manager. He asked me about my past job and why I left. And also asked if I was in school. And he asked if I was okay with a lot of people in a tight space, because that's how the store is. I'm not sure if I got the job yet.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hot Topic in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and it was a new Hot Topic about to open. I applied in January and received a call in March. I went into the store and was interviewed by the Manager. She was very polite and fun to be around. We sat in the foodcourt and she began the interview process by getting to know me. It was more of a friendly convo then an interview. She reviewed my application and loved that i knew Spanish fluently. At the end i also met the assistant manager and also had a friendly convo.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you received bad customer service?
      Why Retail?
      What are some of your favorite shows/movies/music?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice is to prepare anyway but be yourself and have fun. Dont dress fancy. Dress like how you would work there. I wore a Spirited Away Sweatshirt and blavk jeans. She absolutely loved it

FT Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Great. The store manager took the time to really get to know me and find out my interests and goals to see if i was inline with the companies vision.