Hot Topic Keyholder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Keyholder Interview Questions

Interviews at Hot Topic

2.0

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in June 2013.

Interview

It was a great interview. I applied in person, interviewed with the store manager a week later and was hired during the interview. I was provided with tons of information regarding what was expected from the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic in January 2015.

Interview

I was suggested by management for a promotion from sales associate to key holder, so I didn't need to apply again.

All I was required to do was sit with the District Manager for a short interview. It was intimidating but with some confidence, honest self-assessment, and knowledge of the store and business, it went very well.

Interview Questions

• Is there a difference between management and leadership?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is the best way to prevent loss?   1 Answer
    • Tell me an area of your work performance that can use the most improvement. How are you working towards improving it?   Answer Question
    • What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • Describe the best/worst manager you've ever had. What should they have done differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an hourly pay that was different from what was agreed to during this phase. Biggest lesson learned: get your negotiated pay in writing.

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic in June 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by the store manager but that is not a likely situation. Typically you'll submit an application, wait for a call back (they hate when you call, but going in is a good idea). It took me about a week to get an interview scheduled. The interview was easy. Questions like "how much is it okay to steal?" "if you were a type of candy, what would you be and why?" questions about your music tastes, etc. I heard back about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What kind of candy would you be and why?   1 Answer