Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Hot Topic

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Jensen Beach, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very easy and casual. A lot of emphasis on what kinds of music and other media you like, how familiar you are with the company, and general customer service questions. At least two references were required. I received an offer by phone the next day.

Interview Questions

• What was the most memorable service experience you've had as a customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked me two questions pertaining to my knowledge of the retail industry and why I wanted to work for Hot Topic. The interview lasted around 10 minutes before they took my resume and told me that the new employee training would be held the following week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in the retail industry before?   1 Answer
    • Why Hot Topic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview, turns out I was told the wrong day. Along with who knows how many other people. The girl taking our names was extremely rude and yelled at us like it was our fault her fellow manager told us all the wrong day. She had people coming in all day asking about interviews but I’m a little surprised that by maybe the 5th person she didn’t call that manager and let him know so someone could call people and make sure they didn’t think it was yesterday. And she really didn’t need to be rude about it, it wasn’t our fault. I have social anxiety and she just made me feel horrible about myself by yelling at me to speak louder and tell me that manager wasn’t even working that day. So, I won’t be going back even if they do want to reschedule. Horrible way to treat people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Glendale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to turn in my application in-person and immediately had a mini interview with the assistant manager. Later the same day the store manager called me and said that he would like to set up an interview with me and 5 days later was my interview and it went smoothly. Unfortunately I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hot Topic?
      Why should I hire you?
      Name your top 5 bands.
      What's your favorite food?
      What is the difference between customer service and selling?
      What stores do you shop at?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Aventura, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very brief discussion and questionnaire with Store Manager, asking mostly about my experience in retail, my availability, my knowledge of Hot Topic and the products they sell, and if I am willing to move up in positions at the store.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to move up from Sales Associate to a Manager position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2017.

Interview

they did a group interview they were really nice and energetic. They sat us down and gave us 2 mins to talk about ourselves. They get back to you really fast over all great experience

Interview Questions

• what made you wanna apply to hottopic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Fresno, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was called in after submitting an application. The assistant manager asked me about 5 questions. It was a standing interview. Later that week, I got called in with three other people to do an on-the-job interview. Help customers, put together an outfit, etc. The next day, I was told that I got the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and they asked mostly questions about pop culture. The interviewers were kind and nice and said we would be in contact soon . All in all it was a very positive experience and I hope I get the job

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Super relaxed and painless. Turned in my application, got a call back within the week and scheduled the interview, came to the store and the assistant manager took me outside and we sat at a table for the interview. I got interviewed two separate times including this one, the second being the manager for the location, which also went painlessly. I got a call back within a couple days with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to try and sell them something from the store in a mock-situation type of test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Puyallup, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Sat on bench in front of store and answered questions from an assistant manager for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Questions were mostly soft skills questions, with a few culture fit questions as well.