Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got called a week later, and then showed up. We sat in a food court and he asked me some questions and made some sexist and offense remarks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Katy, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Requested an application in-store and turned it in a week later. Was called in about two weeks later and had an interview with an assistant manager. She passed on my resume to the store manager and after an interview with her, I received a call the next day offering me the job and setting up an orientation.

Interview Questions

• What role would you feel most comfortable in the store doing?   1 Answer
    • How do you expose yourself to pop culture?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Lafayette, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and after a week of no answer, I called the store. It turns out the online applications weren't working properly, so I was invited to fill out an application in the store. I showed up and put in my application, and I scheduled an interview right then. When I went for the interview, it seemed to go smoothly, with the interviewer even saying I had the look and seemed to enjoy the store. She told me she'd get in touch with me if I got the job, but I never heard anything after that. I don't have any negative feelings, I just wish they would notify when they decide they're not going to hire you, because I was anxiously watching my phone the entire next week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Called the store and asked to speak with a hiring manager then asked the hiring manager if they were hiring. They asked what my experience was then asked if i could come in that day. Went in and browsed around the store till i got to speak with the manager. She was very nice. Everyone in that store was very nice. We talked for literally like 5 minutes. Felt like a conversation with a friend. She basically just asked why i want to work there/availability and said she liked the fact i had sales experience. Then said she'll give me a call tomorrow and let me know. (Fingers crossed) but since the interview was so short idk.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Group Interview for Seasonal Hire, Very friendly discussion. There were 3 of us interviewing and one manager. It was quick and painless. The manager was mostly getting a feel for our personalities and ability to deal with high volume customers during the holidays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grand Forks, ND) in November 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out a paper application and deliver it to the store, as the online application is messed up and won't work. I then had to wait almost two weeks to get a phone call to set up an interview. We went to another part of the mall to have a 1:1 interview. Then they took forever to get back to me and then they told me that they already filled the positions, but I see them posting on Indeed how they still need help in the areas that they said that they'd saved my application for.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do you find new music/what are your favorite bands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 6 of us outside at the tables and the assistant manager asked us questions and we all answered and she said shed contact us in few days if were what they want

Interview Questions

• Why is Hot Topic your job choice?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview about 3 days later. The interview was pretty simple for the most part. The manager and i got along pretty well and even talked about some shows we both liked. It was a pretty chill interview for the most part.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I applied in July 2015 and it took about 2 weeks before a got a call. They called me on a Tuesday and then asked me to come in for an interview that Friday. When I arrived for the interview I saw that there were at least 8 other people there, that was my first time experiencing a group interview.After the group interview, I received a call a day later asking if I could come in for a second interview with the store manager. I went in and spoke with the manager, he asked me retail related questions and then offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Naples, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager hesitated to interview me because "I was one of those girls who talked to her boyfriend" but my friend who recommended me convinced her that I wasn't interested in him. After that, the interview was friendly- I was asked the typical interview questions. Like my experience, skills and other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer