Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Called the store and asked to speak with a hiring manager then asked the hiring manager if they were hiring. They asked what my experience was then asked if i could come in that day. Went in and browsed around the store till i got to speak with the manager. She was very nice. Everyone in that store was very nice. We talked for literally like 5 minutes. Felt like a conversation with a friend. She basically just asked why i want to work there/availability and said she liked the fact i had sales experience. Then said she'll give me a call tomorrow and let me know. (Fingers crossed) but since the interview was so short idk.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Group Interview for Seasonal Hire, Very friendly discussion. There were 3 of us interviewing and one manager. It was quick and painless. The manager was mostly getting a feel for our personalities and ability to deal with high volume customers during the holidays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grand Forks, ND) in November 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out a paper application and deliver it to the store, as the online application is messed up and won't work. I then had to wait almost two weeks to get a phone call to set up an interview. We went to another part of the mall to have a 1:1 interview. Then they took forever to get back to me and then they told me that they already filled the positions, but I see them posting on Indeed how they still need help in the areas that they said that they'd saved my application for.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do you find new music/what are your favorite bands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 6 of us outside at the tables and the assistant manager asked us questions and we all answered and she said shed contact us in few days if were what they want

Interview Questions

• Why is Hot Topic your job choice?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview about 3 days later. The interview was pretty simple for the most part. The manager and i got along pretty well and even talked about some shows we both liked. It was a pretty chill interview for the most part.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I applied in July 2015 and it took about 2 weeks before a got a call. They called me on a Tuesday and then asked me to come in for an interview that Friday. When I arrived for the interview I saw that there were at least 8 other people there, that was my first time experiencing a group interview.After the group interview, I received a call a day later asking if I could come in for a second interview with the store manager. I went in and spoke with the manager, he asked me retail related questions and then offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Naples, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager hesitated to interview me because "I was one of those girls who talked to her boyfriend" but my friend who recommended me convinced her that I wasn't interested in him. After that, the interview was friendly- I was asked the typical interview questions. Like my experience, skills and other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview about a week later. I sat down in the food court with the store manager for the interview. He asked questions for about fifteen minutes, and then we went into the store. We role-played different customer situations to see how I would react to them, and even had me talk to a few customers to try to help them pick stuff out.

Interview Questions

• What kind of music, movies, and tv shows do you like?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Grove City, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple and relaxed and done in the back. Was asked the usually questions.I think I was just too nervous and that hurt me for a chance. Did not get any call back saying I wasn't hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in March 2016.

Interview

I just had one interview. I came in, did the interview with the Manager. He asked me about my past job and why I left. And also asked if I was in school. And he asked if I was okay with a lot of people in a tight space, because that's how the store is. I'm not sure if I got the job yet.