Hot Topic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hot Topic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Hot Topic

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Henderson, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied before the holidays,and two days later I got a call for an interview. I went to a group interview at the end of the week and then advanced to a second group interview the next day. Got a call with a job offer the next day. I then accepted the job.The questions were very easy and were more so aimed to find out how versed you are in pop culture and music. It helps to throw in a lot of information about how you want to connect with the customers by trying to find out what they want to buy.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about hot topic?
    What do you think is the key to selling products?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an hour long group interview with 5 other people and the interviewer being the manager. I came wearing a flash button up, from hot topic, and dark pants. Wearing what i would normally wear which fits with thier lenient dress code. They stated just nothing offensive or anything that "singles out a group". After the interview they ask if you have any questions which we asked a few. Being my first job if hired, I got a call about 4 days later bring the manager extending the job offer and me happily accepting. Despite being against people with more experience than me and having a better social image than me because I have bad anxiety I got the job. There could be other showing factors that cause this but I believe that Hot Topic, well mine at least, values compassion towards music and character. So as cheesy as it sounds, be yourself and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What would you do is you see a co-worker struggling?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about yourself and why you want to work at Hot Topic?   1 Answer
    • What is good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why do people shoplift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Riverside, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I put in an application online and was called about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview and there was a total of 6 of us. I was hired the same day but once I went in to sign the paperwork and was supposed to call for my hours I could never get an answer was told to keep calling back. I called every day for 2 weeks and nothing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage job no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (El Centro, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied during a job fair in my town, turned in my resume and application to one of the managers. Within a week, I got a call for an interview at 1:45pm on a Thursday.

Interview Questions

• When is it okay to steal?   1 Answer
    • From favorite to least put in order what you would like to work for; Greeter, Cashier, and Unloading Merchandise? Why?   Answer Question
    • Whats your best and worst customer service? Explain. (Restaurant, Retail, Convenient Store, etc.)   Answer Question
    • If I called your supervisors/teachers right now, what would they say about you? Explain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was very polite and easy to talk to. They made the process seem like a normal conversation about topics such as music, pop culture, fashion etc. They also discussed situational business/ sales topics that would be required for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you typically shop for when you go to Hot Topic?   1 Answer
    • Do you feel that you can hold conversations easily with customers? Would you be comfortable speaking to our loyalty program and Hot Topic Credit Card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Ventura, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

A friend of mine (who worked here) told me to come in at a certain day an time with my application. I shook hands with the manager and he let me roam around the store for a bit until he was ready. We then went to sit outside in the food court area and he asked basic questions. It was conversational and not at all intimidating. I never worked anywhere else before and I told him about my favorite movies, TV shows, anime, bands, etc. It went very well. I got a call the next day for another interview with the other manager. It went even better, and we laughed and talked about Rick and Morty and Stranger Things. Later that day I got the call that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite band? ... (What are their names?) ... (How did they form?)   1 Answer
    • What section of Hot Topic do you think you know the most about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Springfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was a small group interview, and was fairly quick and relatively relaxed. I was dressed a little too formally, and they apparently expect you to come in a band tee and jeans.

Interview Questions

• How can you relate to the needs and interests of the customers?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic in October 2014.

Interview

I printed out an application and handed it in in-store. I got called to come in for a group interview with two other candidates. I made sure to be the first one to speak up and to seem energetic. I was told that I did well, but that I could have talked even more than I already did.

I got called back for a second interview with just the manager that wasn't much of an interview. She mostly just asked my availability and said she'd look it over. A couple days later I was called and offered the position and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Katy, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called in to do an individual interview. The manager took me to the food court, and the interview lasted about 10 minutes. The questions were very easy. Just wanted to know about your interests, your knowledge of their products and any type of customer service experience you have had. Very relaxed and laid back. It's best to dress as "emo" or "alternative" as possible because they care about appearance a lot. I went in with no work experience. I was offered a position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you learn about music and pop culture?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2015.

Interview

I met up with the managers in the store and I met a few people who were getting interviewed as well. Once we all got there, we headed to the food court and sat at a table. It was a group interview. They asked us questions and went around the circle for answers and at the end, they put an item in front of us and said to sell it to them. It was really fun and super chill.

Interview Questions

• why do people steal?   1 Answer
    • If you saw a co worker struggling to complete a task, how would you help them?   Answer Question
    • if you saw someone stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • what's your favorite character we sell in the store?   Answer Question
    • what's the last movie you watched?   1 Answer
    • why hot topic?   1 Answer
    • best and worst customer service you've experienced?   Answer Question