Hotels.com Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

3.4

Leadership Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Half hour call with the recruiter which was a 2 way finding out about the role and them finding out about me. Then a call with the hiring manager which was more about my skills and experience.

Quite a long set (3 x 1hrs+) of on site face to face interviews with everyone i'd be working with.

Everyone was super nice and professional, gave a good impression of hotels.com

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how you would troubleshoot a production issue
      Q: What do you think about team members working remotely
      Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Fantastic! I was communicated with superbly from the outset, kept informed when there was a delay and generally looked after through the process. It was refreshing to deal with the company directly rather than a recruitment agency. I had an initial discussion with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a half day set of face-to face interviews with key stakeholders to the position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something that they didnt want to do   Answer Question

Product Manager (Data) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager. Then invited in for a 5 hour interview, which started with a presentation of 30 minutes. The presentation topic (which was one of the dullest topics imaginable) was not actually on the screen for over 20 minutes, which made me look really bad, even though it had been sent in advance and in everyway was the fault of the hiring manager. I then met the biggest cheese in the process for about 45 minutes, had a short break, met the hiring manager for 45 minutes, then another colleague for 45 minutes.. then well you can guess the rest. Many of the same questions asked over and over, I was still there are well past 6 in the evening.

Interview Questions

• Questions not really about my skills and experience but mainly about "imagination" - such as how I would get on with people I had never met and other theoretical scenarios. I suspect they are 100% interested in behaviours and cultural fit. Having spent over 5 hours in their building, they provided zero feedback, hired none of the applicants and I gained no positive feelings towards them or their company. A grain of decency and humanity is always appreciated.   Answer Question

Data Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Approached online by an internal recruiter who then followed up with a phone screen. First interview was over the phone (30 mins) with the hiring manager. A series of interviews in the office one afternoon then followed. This consisted of 4 separate interviews (20-30 mins) with various stakeholders in the role and then finally an interview with the hiring manager. After the final stage I received no offer or indeed any follow up (despite requesting) - a bit disappointing after going through the whole process

Interview Questions

• Write code (pseudo) to get all the Fibonacci numbers less than 1 million   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

First response via email arranging for a phone interview, all very casual. Had phone interviews with two others but felt more like getting to know the team. Then final interview as a face to face in the office with my future line manager and a colleague.

Interview Questions

• How do you structure yourself? What have you done in your last jobs? How do you keep track of your actions? What do you think does the job include?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial email, then a phone call, then an invite into the office. Met a couple of managers who seemed great, then had a number of subsequent interviews ranging from hard-core technical to the more "soft" side, to what seemed like chats. Met a great bunch of people during the process and I felt very relaxed along the way.

Absolutely love the environment. Technically, a lot needs to be improved, and it's happening. It's the perfect time to see a successful organisation transition into an even more successful one.

If you're genuinely talented, decent, friendly and helpful, this place will do you just fine - your colleagues will support you too.

Interview Questions

• "Ask me three questions about anything. It doesn't matter what they are."

This was particularly challenging as it was said out of context, and it completely put me on the spot as this was within the first 3 minutes of the interview. Top marks to the interviewer for making it a two way process right from the beginning.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Competitive. Just be straight with what you're earning and what your expectations are. If there's no fit, move along.

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position directly through their website. Received initial response 2 weeks later. Interview scheduling was very quick. Phone interview with hiring manager took place the same week, for 30 minutes. It sounded like they had already made up their mind to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. By the end of the call, the hiring manager confirmed that they would be scheduling something in-person.

In-person interview took place the following week. Met with 5 people one-on-one, including the hiring manager again. Everything went well; very typical questions were asked. Some situational, some about past experience etc. Nothing too technical. Finally the hiring manager told me that my answers were very good, but not my demeanor (sitting posture, body language etc.). Left me on that note, not knowing which way things were going to go.

Finally I received an email from their HR 10 days later, saying that I had not been successful. This may just be this particular hiring manager's style, but there definitely was undue emphasis on the non-verbal aspects of the interview.

Interview Questions

• I want you to pretend that you are making me a cup of tea. Narrate each step along the way.   1 Answer