Hotels.com Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview, followed by hiring manager phone interview, then in person at their offices in London. In person interview was 5 x 30 minutes with different people from the Product and Technology teams. The interviewers were friendly and they asked reasonable questions. I didnt' feel that they were trying to catch me out. They also tried to not keep repeating the same questions through the process. Most of it was standard Product Process type questions (e.g. user stories, backlog management, prioritisation, working with the design and development teams, review of processes, stakeholder management etc).

Interview Questions

• How would you go about introducing a new feature to the site?   Answer Question
    • What do you think a good user story looks like to a developer?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage user story prioritisation? (Asked a few times in different ways and from different perspectives)   Answer Question
    • How would you design a usability/user impact test for a particular feature?   Answer Question

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call with Recruiter, followed by telephone interview with Hiring Manager. Finally 1 hour face to face interview with Hiring Manager, an actual team member, and half an hour with scrum master and service delivery manager. The Angel building is quite nice & offices gave the sense of a relaxed environment. The interview with the hiring manager and the team member went quite well. They make you feel at ease and it's more like a discussion rather then question and answer. The company is undergoing changes at the moment, and it seemed a bit like they were still trying to figure out the way they would move forward in terms of Agile & DevOps practices. Scrum Master and Service Delivery Manager were bit sceptical of hearing experiences from other companies that are ahead in terms of the whole delivery pipeline. he comapny is currently recruiting different DevOps roles. Be prepared that build engineer role involves lots of DevOps questions as well. Overall I was bit surprised that I did not get an offer since I felt that my previous experience fitted quite well with the requirements. Also was quite dissapointed that after the final interview I had to ask several times to get feedback from the recruiter. The feedback that I finally got did not look honest from my point of view. If you consider applying for same role I would recommend you take it with a pinch of salt. If you are looking for a cutting edge place to work, thats not the place to be. Probably not as diverse as they say in terms of accepting different cultures and nationalities.

Interview Questions

• Describe DevOps, CI/CD, developer tools, how do you stay up to date with latest technologies, automation tools of choice, AWS   Answer Question

Leadership Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Half hour call with the recruiter which was a 2 way finding out about the role and them finding out about me. Then a call with the hiring manager which was more about my skills and experience.

Quite a long set (3 x 1hrs+) of on site face to face interviews with everyone i'd be working with.

Everyone was super nice and professional, gave a good impression of hotels.com

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how you would troubleshoot a production issue
      Q: What do you think about team members working remotely   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Fantastic! I was communicated with superbly from the outset, kept informed when there was a delay and generally looked after through the process. It was refreshing to deal with the company directly rather than a recruitment agency. I had an initial discussion with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a half day set of face-to face interviews with key stakeholders to the position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something that they didnt want to do   Answer Question

Product Manager (Data) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager. Then invited in for a 5 hour interview, which started with a presentation of 30 minutes. The presentation topic (which was one of the dullest topics imaginable) was not actually on the screen for over 20 minutes, which made me look really bad, even though it had been sent in advance and in everyway was the fault of the hiring manager. I then met the biggest cheese in the process for about 45 minutes, had a short break, met the hiring manager for 45 minutes, then another colleague for 45 minutes.. then well you can guess the rest. Many of the same questions asked over and over, I was still there are well past 6 in the evening.

Interview Questions

• Questions not really about my skills and experience but mainly about "imagination" - such as how I would get on with people I had never met and other theoretical scenarios. I suspect they are 100% interested in behaviours and cultural fit. Having spent over 5 hours in their building, they provided zero feedback, hired none of the applicants and I gained no positive feelings towards them or their company. A grain of decency and humanity is always appreciated.   Answer Question

Data Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Approached online by an internal recruiter who then followed up with a phone screen. First interview was over the phone (30 mins) with the hiring manager. A series of interviews in the office one afternoon then followed. This consisted of 4 separate interviews (20-30 mins) with various stakeholders in the role and then finally an interview with the hiring manager. After the final stage I received no offer or indeed any follow up (despite requesting) - a bit disappointing after going through the whole process

Interview Questions

• Write code (pseudo) to get all the Fibonacci numbers less than 1 million   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

First response via email arranging for a phone interview, all very casual. Had phone interviews with two others but felt more like getting to know the team. Then final interview as a face to face in the office with my future line manager and a colleague.

Interview Questions

• How do you structure yourself? What have you done in your last jobs? How do you keep track of your actions? What do you think does the job include?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial email, then a phone call, then an invite into the office. Met a couple of managers who seemed great, then had a number of subsequent interviews ranging from hard-core technical to the more "soft" side, to what seemed like chats. Met a great bunch of people during the process and I felt very relaxed along the way.

Absolutely love the environment. Technically, a lot needs to be improved, and it's happening. It's the perfect time to see a successful organisation transition into an even more successful one.

If you're genuinely talented, decent, friendly and helpful, this place will do you just fine - your colleagues will support you too.

Interview Questions

• "Ask me three questions about anything. It doesn't matter what they are."

This was particularly challenging as it was said out of context, and it completely put me on the spot as this was within the first 3 minutes of the interview. Top marks to the interviewer for making it a two way process right from the beginning.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Competitive. Just be straight with what you're earning and what your expectations are. If there's no fit, move along.

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position directly through their website. Received initial response 2 weeks later. Interview scheduling was very quick. Phone interview with hiring manager took place the same week, for 30 minutes. It sounded like they had already made up their mind to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. By the end of the call, the hiring manager confirmed that they would be scheduling something in-person.

In-person interview took place the following week. Met with 5 people one-on-one, including the hiring manager again. Everything went well; very typical questions were asked. Some situational, some about past experience etc. Nothing too technical. Finally the hiring manager told me that my answers were very good, but not my demeanor (sitting posture, body language etc.). Left me on that note, not knowing which way things were going to go.

Finally I received an email from their HR 10 days later, saying that I had not been successful. This may just be this particular hiring manager's style, but there definitely was undue emphasis on the non-verbal aspects of the interview.

Interview Questions

• I want you to pretend that you are making me a cup of tea. Narrate each step along the way.   1 Answer