Hotjar Hotjar Hero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hotjar Hotjar Hero Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotjar

3.2

Hotjar Hero Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotjar in February 2017.

Interview

Quite the odd process. I applied online, was contacted and initially asked a salary range. When that was given, communication went silent. After another email confirming salary, I was asked if I wanted to move onto the next step. I agreed and communication again went silent.

When I reached out to them to check what was going on, I was reminded about how long a list of applicants they received. You can tell a lot about the character of a company from the effort they put into their hiring process. This one seems like its more interested in playing cat and mouse.

Interview Questions

• What do you think organizations should do to constantly improve the support they provide?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hotjar

Hotjar Hero Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. There are several steps: after applying, you are asked to make a video of yourself answering a few questions. If you pass this step, then you will have a call with several Hotjar employees. After this, you are given the opportunity to work with them for a few days to see if the position is right for you.

They are extremely friendly when they are working with you, but despite promising reasonable turn around times, they leave you completely in the dark and ignore any attempts at communication in between steps as those promised response times quickly pass and become part of ancient history. From the day I applied, it took *79 days* before they finally declined to proceed in the process.

They start off asking for your salary expectations, and they will not continue until you give them a number. They tell you early on that you are on the short list for the job, but later in the process they start talking up how many strong applicants they have and how difficult the decision is to make. It all seems a bit deceptive.

Expect to be strung along for a long time before you get results, good or bad.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose to do anything on any given Monday morning what would that be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR) in September 2018.

Interview

After applying online via the Hotjar website, I was invited to submit a video to answer a few questions about myself. From there, there is an interview and then I was invited to work with the company for a couple of days.

I enjoyed this part of the process as it allowed me to get a feel for the company, work on a task relevant to the role, and get to know the people who work there.

The interview process is challenging but also very open. Everyone is there to help you succeed, very friendly and the process results in a great environment where everyone wants to make a difference.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk us through why customer support is so important for a company like Hotjar?   Answer Question

Nov 1, 2018 – VP of Operations

Ouch! I'm sorry it took so long but super glad you joined the team. Thanks for the feedback we are always looking to improve our recruitment time (as well as other things).

Hotjar Hero Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birkirkara (Malta)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (Birkirkara (Malta)) in February 2017.

Interview

Four stage process which can be strenuous if you've external factors to keep in mind but it shows they're a company who really want to make an effort in finding the right people for the job/company. It's certainly nothing I've experienced before. At every stage you're given plenty of information as to what to expect should you proceed to the next step.
    You really have to invest time when applying but everyone you encounter at Hotjar is extremely helpful and you get the impression they really want you to do well.

Interview Questions

• There were many unique ones designed to make you think and also the mandatory "what are your strengths and weaknesses".   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2017

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear that we gave you a heads up of what to expect.

David Darmanin
    CEO & Founder

Hotjar Hero Interview

Anonymous Employee in King's Lynn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (King's Lynn, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It really says it all on the company's site! It is an extremely detailed, but well executed process that takes about 6 weeks to complete (through to the offer). You can really see the benefits of this once you start working with the team because everyone is in sync and on top of everything! I would encourage anyone who is interested in applying to first go to Hotjar.com and review the careers section and have a look at their blogs, FAQs, and then do a google search and see all the incredible things Hotjar does as a company as well as learn about the founders. It really gives you an insight about the culture and how business is done- if you are still excited about the job (and why wouldn't you be, they're amazing!) then go 100% into the application/interview process. You won't be disappointed.

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

Nov 15, 2017 – VP of Operations

Thanks for your feedback and comments. We try our best to be transparent about our process and provide as much detail as we think would help future candidates.

Hotjar Hero Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valletta (Malta)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar (Valletta (Malta)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is described in detail on their website. I was interviewed and had a positive experience overall. I was not accepted to proceed, and when I asked for feedback, I didn't get any particular reasons. In the interview, I felt like they were searching for something really specific in what I say, which felt like a bias. I didn't feel they were trying to understand who I am but they were looking for something very particular.

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

Nov 15, 2017 – VP of Operations

Thanks for sharing your honest feedback. We value transparency and candor, and we are always trying to improve our process. We'll certainly discuss this internally. I don't know the particulars of... More