Hotwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hotwire Interview Questions

3.1

Manager, Unix & Storage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Hotwire has one of the most efficient interviewing processes I've encountered. I applied 4 weeks ago to an ad of their's on dice.com and hoped to at least get noticed. I got email contact from their HR/Recruiter, and set up an initial phone screen with him 2 weeks ago. My first phone screen went very well, and I was invited to do a phone screen with the hiring manager 3 days later. The second phone screen went well in parts, I felt, not so well in others, but ended on a good and enthusiastic note. I was really surprised when I heard less than 2 hours later that the interview did go well, and that I was going to be interviewed onsite in the coming week. The in-person interview was with the hiring manager, 2 other support managers & their vp of operations. Each interviewer had a pre-ordained, specific question set: technical questions, situational ones, mental twisters (yes, this is a company related to the Microsoft world) and soft skills ones.
    I found the interviewers engaging, focused on making the best of the moment. Their questions were fair and thought provoking.

After the 4 interviewers were done, I returned to the HR/Recruiter who let me know the followup and notification process: that this was the 1 in person interview for the chosen candidates; that I was the last candidate being interviewed; and that I would be notified of the results by the end of the next day. True to their word I received an email from the recruiter the next afternoon asking for a time when I would be available to talk. He called me later that afternoon, thanked me very much for my time and stated that an offer had been extended to another candidate. I thanked him for being totally up front and professional, as well as respectful of my time and committments. I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get the job, but was truly impressed with the corporate culture of hotwire. This was the most professional, yet humble, interviewing cycle I've been through in some time, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for this company.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

An external recruiting firm scheduled a full day of interviews at different time slots. I was in a group of 6 people who rotated between 4 interviewers. I found them friendly and efficient.

Interview Questions

• If we were a competing company that lists discounts on hotels how would you set up a landing page?   Answer Question
    • A lot of JQuery questions.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The process was a smooth! The personality part was the best part of the interview! The team here at the San Francisco office made the transition smooth and painless. I thought I was one of the family, It was the first week!

Online Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Extremely friendly HR person. Basic personal questions and asked questions about if I am a more analytical person, and how my work experience or school experience has helped me analytically. Asked what salary I would be looking for.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward. One of the interviewers asked to solve a specific problem and wanted to hear your thought process and problem solving skills. Other interviewers were your basic questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging design project and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tough. They won't budge much on salary. Really. And they will lure you in with the travel benefits, which really, there's not a whole lot or enough to outweigh the low salary.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Start with phone contact with a recruiter. Then it goes to a phone interview with an engineer. From there it's an onsite interview with 5 people. I had 3 managers and 2 engineers.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the interviews difficult or had any unexpected questions. The questions asked pertained to my experience and some technical problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview by the HR representative. Basic behavioral questions and resume discussion. Next was the phone interview with the Hiring Manager. It consisted on few behavioral and mostly technical skills assessment. Be prepared with everything mentioned on the job description with past work examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you used a particular technical skill in your past project?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The most straight forward process I've every worked with, most people asked job related questions, were professional and timely in their contact and conduct. Process moved at a great pace, Over the best of my life.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle your last negative interaction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aim High, bargain hard, play hardball and then roll over, it's worth it.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I've been very pleased with my experience. I received a very quick response to my online application. I received a very quick phone screen/interview. I needed several in-person, onsite interviews; the coordinator was extremely flexible and helped work around my busy work schedule. The office/interview spaces are clean and neat. Any interview process can invoke some fear/anxierty; however, the team here made me feel very comfortable. I am still waiting to hear back from Hotwire; I want to work for this company very badly - the entire team seems amazing!

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected; how would you go from a large organization to one much smaller (in comparison to current work environment)?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

phone interviews followed by 2-3 hours of in person interviews with team