Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Business Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

They called me back 3 times. Then they took another month to send me an offer. I dismissed them as not interested or badly organized and the only reason I accepted was because my last employer was in worse financial shape. I just wanted a job.

Interview Questions

• Q: If I won the lottery. Would I quit my job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Pretty laid back. More behavioral in nature.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Boston, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. Once I submitted my resume, I was contacted by HR. The "Talent Manager" set up an inital phone interview with the hiring manager. After that, I went through two rounds of interviews. Within four weeks of the interview, I recevied the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

2 rounds. The first round was with BA management. The discussion was quite generic and relaxed. Focused on the background and experience. The second round with HR. Typical boring corporate style competencies based questions - "what do you do in a situation where..." Received an offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• All HR questions were competencies based. There's some repetition, so be prepared to sound quite repetitive too. "How do you deal with multiple priorities?", "What do you do when there's a conflict in opinions?", etc.   1 Answer