Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly I got an email within two days of my application. Then they sent an interview link which recorded the interview, few generic questions about sdlc, integration with sap and cms, hybris, j2ee. Mostly they were questions, which expected descriptive answers. Then after a week got an email for personal interview. This was with 4 people back to back. Grilled me technically. From Basics to advanced. Very few situational questions, which I was expecting lot more since it is a senior position. They were expecting very basic and core stuff to be remembered from a seasoned developer. Overall, nice people and fairly good interview.

Interview Questions

• Each one of them asked about OOPS - polymorphism   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interviewer was more like a robot than a person. The interviewer seemed to be more interested in how I could benefit the company - instead of how the company would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience; how could I benefit the company with my experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2012.

Interview

Second interview with I.T. Project Manager was very confrontational and unprofessional due to me spotting on the interview day another hmh employee, a business analyst, whose behaviour was not good in another company where I worked with him. The interview was so bad it was bordering on the ridiculous. First interview was pretty good and the interviewer was fair. I did not continue with my application after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• First interview had question on JSON serialization and services.   1 Answer

Unprofessional second interview