Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

1st round campus interview; a superday in HL, NY Office. The first round interview was about 30 mins, asking your basic valuation skills and things on your resume. The second round interview asked more detailed valuation methods. I wasnt given a test, but I know someone received a test during their interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Houlihan Lokey

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

First round - technical only. Full walkthrough of DCF, Enterprise value calculations, walking through debt effect on 3 financial statements, etc.

2nd round - technical test which was accounting based. dinner and bar (fun). next day, interviews with everyone. some technical stuff again

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in October 2014.

Interview

Very rigorous and lean interview. They are known for being very technical and are looking for candidates that know their finance and accounting. Personality and attitude are also a huge factor, given the firm's size. There is a reason why Houlihan is ranked #1 in more than half of Vault's categories; this is a very competitive firm with great people and a great attitude. Study for their written test, think of good questions to ask, and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were what you would expect: valuation techniques, name some good ways to compare similar companies, how do certain transactions affect the BS/IS/CF. This being Houlihan, expect them to through out a number of teaser questions that have nothing to do with finance and instead shows them how strong your deductive and reasoning skills are.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through our career services in my college. I received an email that invited me for interview. I was asking to come with a financial calculator. On the interview day, 30 mn interview face to face and 1h for a financial test: questions about the relation between the 3 statements, NPV , preparation of the pro forma of the 3 statements.

Interview Questions

• The financial test was not too bad but I need more time.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewing process was very straight forward and they got to the point when trying to make sure that i was the right fit for them. overall it was a great experience and i enjoyed it very much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my career services website. After about a week, I heard that I got an interview on campus. It was a skype interview and the first question asked was "Tell me about yourself - specifically, tell me something not on your resume" Some of the other questions included: "Why are you interested in Houlihan Lokey (I-banking)?" What are the ways to value a company?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF model? Know the very detailed specifics on this. Also, "What is an LBO?"   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR and then had 2 interviews both behavioral and technical within 2 weeks. The process was not bad at all overall. I have no idea why I was not selected as I was not told.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural question about what I like to do in my free time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview, first round with MD, then 2nd round with analyst. Interview consisted of combination of personal skills and technical skills. Had to do a paper LBO that wasn't too complicated.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

Video intervew with two.The interview was strange, most of the time, they let me ask questions and after asked couple of questions, they just ended the interview 15 mins ealier. They asked questions like describe yourself, why you are interested in us, how to value a firm..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first round interview was on campus, it consisted of a few of the basic technical questions, as well as talking about some of HL's best attributes before going into technicals. There was a thorough discussion of the DCF, including how it relates to other valuation methodologies and when it may not be as effective. I was also asked the reasons a company may be valued at a premium, and asked whether a regional soda company should be valued at a premium or discount relative to Coke. There was a quick turnaround, my interview was Thursday, and I found out the next day that I was invited for a second round of interviews in their Chicago office.

Interview Questions

• I was pressed on why a company would be valued at a premium, and how to value a regional soda company relative to Coke or Pepsi.   Answer Question