Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 32 of over 188 interviews

Recruiter8%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing, Beijing

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Beijing, Beijing, Beijing) in Mar 2021

Interview

The interviewee is professional. The process is going well in around 40 mins. Go through the resume first, and then some technical questions as well as behavioral questions. I was also told their business and team structures in China.

Interview Questions
  • Common Multiples used. Comparison between these multiples. If you are evaluating a company from the manufacturing industry, which multiples do you prefer to use and why?
    Answer Question

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

Interview process was around five weeks. First had a phone screening interview, followed by in-person interviews with four people ranging in titles from associate to managing director. Had a follow-on interview where I had to give a presentation on a recent M&A deal.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in Nov 2019

Interview

Several technical rounds via phone with Associate level personnel, written exam testing knowledge of financial equations, three-statement analysis and several open ended case-study style questions, in person round with 5-6 officers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

Extremely quick and efficient process. Good balance between technical and get to know you type questions. Had a few phone calls, in person interviews with 6ish people and excel exam. Whole process took about 3 weeks. Definitely be prepared for technical questions specific to the role you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Started with one-hour written exam, a lot of valuation questions and creating 3 FA, time is the key. The half an hour of the industry research report. The MD will take care of the behavioural questions, printed on a stack of paper. The worst part is the MD fall asleep during one on one interview, this is really unprofessional. The VP asked a lot of technicals, mostly accounting, and also have all of them printed out on a stack of paper. The interview feels very weird and stiff, the juniors are all good and welcoming tho.

Interview Questions
  • When you overcalculated depreciation for 50 in the first year, how do you adjust in the second year

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

It was a first round 30 minute interview. First round is mostly behavioral and fit questions. They stated if I made it to final round that the interviews would be very technical.

Interview Questions
  • Questions like why HL, why the location/division, and your experience

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

Several 1 to 1 interviews and an valuation excercise. The further you go the more conceptually tough questions are getting Generally there are very few fit questions Some questions that were asked: - Go me through DCF etc - How to value private companies - Pricing of a fixed income security

Interview Questions
  • - What is the difference between a company that has a high beta vs. a company with low beta?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in Sep 2015

Interview

1st round campus interview; a superday in HL, NY Office. The first round interview was about 30 mins, asking your basic valuation skills and things on your resume. The second round interview asked more detailed valuation methods. I wasnt given a test, but I know someone received a test during their interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

First round - technical only. Full walkthrough of DCF, Enterprise value calculations, walking through debt effect on 3 financial statements, etc. 2nd round - technical test which was accounting based. dinner and bar (fun). next day, interviews with everyone. some technical stuff again

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in Oct 2014

Interview

Very rigorous and lean interview. They are known for being very technical and are looking for candidates that know their finance and accounting. Personality and attitude are also a huge factor, given the firm's size. There is a reason why Houlihan is ranked #1 in more than half of Vault's categories; this is a very competitive firm with great people and a great attitude. Study for their written test, think of good questions to ask, and be honest.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were what you would expect: valuation techniques, name some good ways to compare similar companies, how do certain transactions affect the BS/IS/CF. This being Houlihan, expect them to through out a number of teaser questions that have nothing to do with finance and instead shows them how strong your deductive and reasoning skills are.
4 people found this interview helpful