Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Houlihan Lokey

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first round interview was on campus, it consisted of a few of the basic technical questions, as well as talking about some of HL's best attributes before going into technicals. There was a thorough discussion of the DCF, including how it relates to other valuation methodologies and when it may not be as effective. I was also asked the reasons a company may be valued at a premium, and asked whether a regional soda company should be valued at a premium or discount relative to Coke. There was a quick turnaround, my interview was Thursday, and I found out the next day that I was invited for a second round of interviews in their Chicago office.

Interview Questions

• I was pressed on why a company would be valued at a premium, and how to value a regional soda company relative to Coke or Pepsi.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Houlihan Lokey

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Phone interview - go over DCF, WACC, CAPM calculations
    Multiples analysis
    Talk about yourself and previous work experience
    How many hours are you willing to put?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Written finance/accounting test followed by six 30 minute interviews

Interview Questions

• Your brother's wedding is this weekend, but something comes up on project you are working on. How would you handle this situation?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

Video intervew with two.The interview was strange, most of the time, they let me ask questions and after asked couple of questions, they just ended the interview 15 mins ealier. They asked questions like describe yourself, why you are interested in us, how to value a firm..

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Chicago, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

The recruiting process started on our university campus. We met with financial staff that came to our university. Then we met again with recruiting representatives from Houlihan. On a scheduled day, we traveled to Chicago and met with financial staff from different financial groups at the firm. This was a mass meeting with about thirty students from various universities. We met and greeted each other and the Houlihan employees. There were mass interviews in which we spoke to entire groups / panels of Houlihan financial staff then were broken off to meet with smaller groups of Houlihan financial staff. At a later date I was brought back to meet with Houlihan staff one on one. I had a dozen one on one interviews in one given day.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process. An offer was extended as is, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First of all, two interviewers were very nice. Then they went over the resume, focused on several field in my resume they are familiar with. Such as how vol influence the option price? long a senior tranche means what? and so on and so for

Interview Questions

• how vol influence option price?   2 Answers
    • long senior tranche CDO means what?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

You send in your cover letter and resume. If they think you'd make a competent candidate, they e-mail you to set up a date for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the different methods for valuing a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Pasadena, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job through my school and was later contacted via email about the date and time of my phone interview. The recruiter called me and was very nice. The questions he asked increased in difficulty as the interview went along.

Interview Question: Asset method valuation question.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to value a company using the liquidation method and all you had in front of you was the balance sheet how would your response be different if the company were a real estate company as opposed to a software company? Walk me through the steps.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process involved a first round on-campus interview and a 2nd round interview with the investment banking team. Everyone was very nice and the processes was organized. The people in the Atlanta office are very down to earth and easy to talk to. The technical questions were quite difficult, but Houlihan Lokey is known to very tough in this respect.

Interview Questions

• Why would two companies in the same industry and with the same risk and growth profile have different trading multiples?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Dallas, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

2 interviews on 2 separate days. First round interview followed by a super day at the office.

Interview Questions

• Many questions relating to accounting and finance practices.   Answer Question