Houlihan Lokey Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied to their TMT group through university career center. I got an email for phone screening availabilities after 2~3 weeks. It was a 30 min phone call (1st) and super day was 2 weeks after on-site.

Summer Financial Analyst (Financial Advisory Services) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process was difficult. Basic behavioral (tell em about yourself, why this company, why this group), then went straight into technicals. Intermediate accounting (more than two line items changing), walk me through DCF, comps, how would you value a company in _____ industry. All in all a great company but a very comprehensive interview process

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company with little or negative cash flows?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview, first round with MD, then 2nd round with analyst. Interview consisted of combination of personal skills and technical skills. Had to do a paper LBO that wasn't too complicated.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with San Francisco Corporate finance team. HR rep I connected with seemed very unprofessional.

On-campus interview: Easy conversation -- tell me about yourself, what are you interests, etc.

Superday interview: Mix of behavioral and basic technical questions. One-on-one with a VP and then four-on-one with more junior people. One junior guy was very condescending. Interaction with him made what would've otherwise been a neutral experience a negative one.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

combination of over the phone interview, in person interviews (4 back to back on a saturday), and written exam (1 hour, basic finance, accounting, valuation). the interviews are mostly technical or quantitative. none of them of meant to make you think too hard, it is mostly a test to see if you know the basics of valuation, rather than have a super high iq.

Interview Questions

• decompose the CAPM model and discuss limitations   3 Answers

Negotiation

comfortable, ask for more, they will probably give you something