Houlihan Lokey Summer Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houlihan Lokey Summer Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Houlihan Lokey

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening. Invited to the firm's superday after about a week and went through 5 rounds of interviews with bankers of different levels. By far the most challenging technical interview process, really challenged the candidates' knowledge in valuation and financial modeling. Was encouraged to speak about my previous investment banking experiences in detail and many of the technical questions were derived from my experiences. Overall, a challenging yet meaningful interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Houlihan Lokey

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I had a first round over the phone and then a superday in the office. The first round consisted of a general "how are you" chat, ending with a few simple accounting questions (How do you link the financial statements? What is LIBOR? What happens if you increase depreciation by 10?) The superday consisted of a series of 5-6 interviews with pretty much the entire group. Most of the interviews were very easy and consisted of simple chatting. One of the interviewers tried to grill me on the economy (where do you think the economy is headed? What is the market for high-yield like?), but the others were pretty chill.

Interview Questions

• What happens if depreciation increases by 10?   2 Answers

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

On Campus Interview with a young employee. We went through my resume (asked me about my background, essentially how I got to where I am), some behavioral questions (why did I want to work for Houlihan Lokey's Financial Advisory Services department), and some technical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds - a phone screen and a super day. The first round consisted of the usual behavioural questions followed by an accounting flow-through involving inventory purchases, and some restructuring-specific questions. The super day involved more fit questions, along with some technicals.geared towards restructuring (including a case study). There was also a brain teaser, and some unrelated technicals relating to general finance.

Interview Questions

• What happens when pre-paid expenses go up?   1 Answer