House of Blues Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at House of Blues

2.1

Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Blues (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and relaxed. I met management and was briefed on the job description and was offered a job on the spot. I accepted the offer and began orientation along with my first concert about 2 weeks later. Overall, a very easy and great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your detailed experience in audio?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at House of Blues (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied at the employment kiosk in the lobby. The host then spoke to the manager about me coming in and then I was told to come in the next morning for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good employee at the House Of Blues?   Answer Question

Box Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Blues (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a email response within a week. The lead manager for sales gave me the options to choose when I was available for the interview. After that the interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions that were asked had to do with my interests, college, work experience and my available schedule.   Answer Question

Box Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at House of Blues (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was contacted for an in-person interview. Interview consisted of basic questions about past experience, type of music I listened to, and my potential availability. More of a conversation than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of past experience do you have using the Ticketmaster host system?   Answer Question

Box Office Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Blues (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was set up with one person, but when I arrived I was ambushed with 4 people. Main interviewer was not friendly and had very nasty standoffish attitude. Almost as if I was sized up and decided on as soon as eyes were laid on me. I was asked some strange questions that had nothing to do with my ability or the job. Main interviewer should not be allowed to interview anyone. I was so uncomfortable I just shortened my answers and got out of there. I was never updated about the position and I was glad no one called me for a follow-up. No one would want to work under that person or team. The process turned me off from applying to that location. Unfortunately, it's the only one in the city. Very discouraging if you want to work for HOB.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Blues (Hollywood, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted for a quick 10 minute phone screen and then I had an in person interview at the office with a few members of the team. They asked questions about my past experience and my interest in Live Nation. They also asked a few personality type questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at House of Blues (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Reached out to Director of Marketing via email expressing an interest in an internship. She agreed to meet for a cup of coffee. The interview felt very casual and conversational overall.

Interview Questions

• What are you getting your degree in? Why do you want to intern for me? What interests you about Marketing? What are some of your long term career goals?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at House of Blues (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very simple. The Interviewer didn't really seem to be interested from the onset. He described what the position entailed., then asked me why I applied and what interested me about the position. He seemed to be only interested in what I had done is my most recent position and the the culmination of my experience.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at House of Blues (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was terrible at best. No communication between dept head and HR. Lost Resume and application. The manager was never there on any scheduled interview, had to come back three different times. It was very informal with Human resources and did not ask department based questions. I finally got a interview with manager it lasted a total of five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Will be ok having a supervisor younger than me   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offers are always negotiable, sale yourself

Event Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Blues.

Interview

be prepared to do at least 3 phone interviews and multiple in person sessions. You will have to meet in person multiple times. Offers are low so negotiate as best as possible.