House of Blues Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.2

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Blues (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Real brief yet thorough. Very pleasant interviewer. The woman interviewing me made me feel at ease which made it much easier to do well throughout the process. I received a call within days (as promised) to let me know that they would like to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult customer and how you approached that issue.   1 Answer
    • Why did I choose to return to the restaurant industry after many years of working in retail.   1 Answer
    • Are you quick to manage unexpected large numbers of customers arriving.   1 Answer
    • Do you have open availability in your schedule.   1 Answer
    • Do you have dependable transportation that will ensure you arrive within plenty time of your shift start.   1 Answer
    • What do you enjoy most about a position like this.   1 Answer
    • When are you available to start.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at House of Blues (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy. Simple questions and forms. I went to the Job Fair and was out in no more than an hour. The staff was direct and friendly. It was straight forward. Be prepared to have references.

Event Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Blues.

Interview

be prepared to do at least 3 phone interviews and multiple in person sessions. You will have to meet in person multiple times. Offers are low so negotiate as best as possible.

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at House of Blues (Houston, TX).

Interview

Restaurant manager asked me about my passion for music and live entertainment. I was asked to describe how I handle stressful situations and crowded environments. I was asked about previous experience and why I wanted to join the HOB team.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at House of Blues (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very simple. The Interviewer didn't really seem to be interested from the onset. He described what the position entailed., then asked me why I applied and what interested me about the position. He seemed to be only interested in what I had done is my most recent position and the the culmination of my experience.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at House of Blues (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was short I met with the head manager he asked me a few technical questions about skills and why I wanted to work for the company. I passed he offered me a job and about a week later I was working.

Interview Questions

• what temp to cook chicken to?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at House of Blues.

Interview

They just asked some basic questions. Mine was an informal interview. I already knew someone who worked there so my process was most likely different from anyone else's. I pretty much got "interviewed" as I turned in my application since I had a good reference from a valued employee.

Interview Questions

• I submitted an application and talked to the manager on the same day. The process was different for me since I already knew someone who worked there. So it will probably be different for anyone else. You can get the applications at the host stand or at box office.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Blues (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Apply online, then you will have a phone interview from the H.R. Manager that is responsible for the venue or district. You will then get called in for a second interview if you pass the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. This was a referral from a good connection so the conversation was going over my past experience in the industry and current availability, nothing too detailed.

Interview Questions

• What were your qualifications in the city as a music expert?   Answer Question

House of Blues Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at House of Blues (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Very short and brief, went for an job fair. Got called back that day for an offer. It was a hour wait, since it was done in groups. After the group interview, there was an one one one interview process. Along with that we got to taste some of the menu items which was nice.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at House of Blues (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was terrible at best. No communication between dept head and HR. Lost Resume and application. The manager was never there on any scheduled interview, had to come back three different times. It was very informal with Human resources and did not ask department based questions. I finally got a interview with manager it lasted a total of five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Will be ok having a supervisor younger than me   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offers are always negotiable, sale yourself