House of Fraser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

Temp Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeside, Clay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Lakeside, Clay, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

pretty easy, team work where we had a card with a celebrity and an object and make up a story, then we had try and help a customer with something they want to buy then one to one interview

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to reach a target
      a time when you had to compromise   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was an online interview that you had to do, luckily I passed but I didn't accept the offer for the in-store interview as I had a change in circumstance.
    There were 5 questions in total.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

I had an online video interview where I was asked a few questions. The process was very easy, still waiting for a response. Make sure you record on your phone as it means you can record it as many times as you want and upload them from your album as you can only record it once on your laptop using webcam.

Interview Questions

• How would you provide VIP customer service?
      Current/Previous role?
      Part time or full time?
      How did you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

30 minute assessment and a 15 minute video interview which has pre-recorded questions. 10 second reading time for each question, 90 second max answer time. ONE TAKE ONLY (one of the questions can be repeated). I was asked 5 questions in total.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

First there is the online assessment and if successful a video interview is then required. After this process you'll be invited for an in-store assessment where you'll partake in an icebreaker activity followed by a group task. Then finally a one on one interview takes place.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Exeter, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed the online assessment - a series of scenario based questions etc - and around 10 mins later had an email saying that I had passed the assessment and that I had two days to complete a prerecorded online interview. My biggest piece of advice is to look at all the possible questions people have been asked on Glassdoor and you'll see that a few come up numerous times - plan answers for these. Others on this website have said that if you record your answers on a mobile device you can rerecord your answers - I did mine on a laptop and the only answer you can rerecord is the last one where it seems to ask everyone whether they are applying for a part time or full time role - typically the question you are least likely to get wrong. I completed this interview Sat 15th July and am yet to hear anything back from House of Fraser - something that looking at the other reviews on here seems unfortunately common. I have marked that I have not received an offer as at the time I am writing this I have not.

One positive that I feel is worth mentioning is that attached to the email I received saying that I had passed the online assessment (not the interview), was a PDF of my application report which analysed my answers to the assessment questions, providing good pointers that I plan on using in future interviews. The prerecorded aspect of the interview whilst nerve wracking was also a good way of gaining experience in this type of interview, as an increasing number of employers are using this method.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

To work for House of Fraser there are three stages. The first stage involves an online application and test. The test is made up of a number of situational questions pertaining to customers and retail. It's easy. If you perform sufficiently on the test you will get an email asking you to record a video interview, using your account on the House of Fraser website. This is the bit where I tripped up.

During the video interview you will face around five questions. You will see the questions for ten seconds and then you have 90 seconds to record your response. I highly recommend practising the questions presented on Glassdoor or you might get stressed and trip over your tongue. That's exactly what happened to me and why I don't have an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is VIP customer service?
      Do you want to work full time or part time?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied to this job role at House of Fraser; which I successfully completed the application.Then I received an email from them asking me to do an online recorded interview.The experience of going through this method of interview does not fully reflect your personality in comparison to doing it in person- as it is awkward talking to a camera. It has been a week so far and I have not received anything back in response of this interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you confront a VIP customer at House of Fraser?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

Had to complete online application which took around 10 minutes to complete. Once passed you are sent an email regarding a video interview. You are asked 5 questions with 10 seconds to real the question and 90 seconds to answer the question.

Beauty Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rushden, East Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Rushden, East Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

Quick. Online application then a video interview then group interview. I feel like the questions asked didnt reflect me as a person or the job role i was applying for. People there applying for completly diffirent roles and we all had the same questions. They didnt get to know my personality at all.