House of Fraser Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

House of Fraser Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied to this job role at House of Fraser; which I successfully completed the application.Then I received an email from them asking me to do an online recorded interview.The experience of going through this method of interview does not fully reflect your personality in comparison to doing it in person- as it is awkward talking to a camera. It has been a week so far and I have not received anything back in response of this interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you confront a VIP customer at House of Fraser?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

Had to complete online application which took around 10 minutes to complete. Once passed you are sent an email regarding a video interview. You are asked 5 questions with 10 seconds to real the question and 90 seconds to answer the question.

Beauty Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rushden, East Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Rushden, East Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

Quick. Online application then a video interview then group interview. I feel like the questions asked didnt reflect me as a person or the job role i was applying for. People there applying for completly diffirent roles and we all had the same questions. They didnt get to know my personality at all.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview followed by 4 hour assessment day which was great. Got a call a week later to say I wasn't offered the role but was asked to interview for a different role instead which they believed was more suitable for me. It has been over a month now since I had that interview and I have received 0 feedback despite asking multiple times.

Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment centre.
    -group activity- had to work as a group to solve a problem given (e.g 8 objects given and your on a deserted island, which 4 are the priority to take to get back to land. Work as a team to figure out)
    -trends presentation- (What are the next big trends of your department)
    -one-to-one interview

Interview Questions

• SWOT analysis mainly, and past experience.
      Where would you see yourself in 5 years time?
      1 Answer

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser in May 2017.

Interview

The invitation for the interview came quickly. Everything mentioned here is accurate. I also recorded my videos by the usage of my phone and because of that, I was able to record as many versions as I wanted.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week plus. I got interviewed at House of Fraser in May 2017, there send me email to confirm the interview date via their career website (only two separate time slots -each one about under two hours different), onec i selected the date and i get the information of the job roles, task to design two mood board and the interview progress -10 mins for the question and answer and then dress a mannequin images related to the mood board you design (but i did not get this part) then interview end about one hours plus.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly u apply online, then u will receive a email for an Video interview, after that u will be invited to a group interview. It was a few group activities, then 1-1 interview.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Firstly, you have to pass an online test that includes the questions about what would you do in specific situation.

Then on next day I received an email to do an online interview. It was saying to do it in approximately 2 days, however, I did mine after 4 days. There were five questions. It says you have only 30s to read the question but for me it was unlimited and I was able to record the video many times and then upload it from the album. The questions include: Are you looking for part-time or full-time job? What is the VIP customer experience? How would you approach the customer? Etc. My answers to the questions were really short, about 30s.

Then after about a day I received an email that I was invited for an interview. The interview included group interview and 1:1.
    Firstly, there was an ice-breaker, this included picking a random card with the name of famous person and an object e.g. Nelson Mandela & ice-cream or David Beckham & lemon. They score you on this question as well so it's important to be creative, and just sometimes funny & stupid! They also look at your tone of voice so make sure you sound interesting! The purpose of it is to show how would you speak with the customer, they don't want boring people! Next we were divided into groups. There was a scenario of e.g. A woman having a bonus of £115 something like that and she wants to buy something that she'll be able to have it for very long time or even forever! We had 5mins to pick the objects that could suit here. The list, picture & discription of objects was provided. Make sure to work as a team, ask the "customer" many questions and have some choices to the customer to choose. You could ask about her style e.g. Vintage etc. Then it was 1:1 interview. This had three basic questions. I had a question such as "Tell me the situation when you had compromise" or "Tell me the situation when you had to achieve your goal" and "A situation of when something didn't go as you planned" I gave my examples of college and one of my personal life. Just keep it simple and make sure to be friendly and smile!

After an interview, few hours later I have received a call than I got a job!

In overall the interview was relaxing and easy. The members of staff were super nice & wanted to make sure we feel relaxed and we can get to know each other. The bulding of the shop was so vintage and nice as well! Loved it!

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Telford, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

First applied online through the HoF website and by the next morning I had an email saying they like me and asked me to do an online video interview where you were asked a few questions and had to record your answers (was really weird) only basic questions like how many hours do you want to work and how would you give someone the VIP experience.

I then got a reply a few days later inviting me to an 'assessment centre day' where I had 4 other girls with me (meant to be 6 of us) which was nice. Sadly we were all battling against each other but was still nice to talk to them.

We had to do a challenge where the interviewer said a scenario and we had to think of items she would like to buy (they were all on a sheet and you just had to pick what would best fit)

We then took a 15-20 minute break and after that we went into 1-1 interviews which I got asked 3 questions and then it was over.

The whole assessment day time only took 1 hour including the break! I got a call 1 hour later saying I got the job and she had also passed my name onto other companies within house of Fraser! I got a call a few hours later asking me to go for another interview for Office shoes.

All the staff were friendly and lovely!