Houston Housing Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Houston Housing Authority

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and the assessments were a bit much. The management team would be running late for the interviews. Overall it was a good interviewing process.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Nice IT team,the were looking for junior level,they were into hiring me,based on HR results ,HR called my references as debt collectors though my references they didn't confirm any but she just decided its true,then she had the IT manger to call and leave his name as he another debt collector,I called back ,the HR picked up and she was mad saying we should hang up ,so she doesn't mind these calls and she repeat such style,I lost the junior level and i need that job ,i have 3 kids

Interview Questions

• HR questions to my references with her voice this is a debt collection call back at this number   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (Houston, TX).

Interview

Assessment/skills testing conducted on site before selected for an interview. 3-Part interview. Panel styled, multiple supervisors present in first interview. 2nd interview included supervisor, HR recruiter, and some staff persons in the same position applied for. Last interview was a one-on-one with CEO. A written assignment/treatment plan/scenario type questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions asked, nothing out of the ordinary. Research the compnay, programs and people, especially as it relates to the position/program you are researching. Know about community resources/orgs/non profits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

You have to go through tests and 3 interviews. The first is when you take a few tests. They are very simple. One is English/comprehension and then there's math. I forgot what the last one was. The first interview is a traditional panel style interview. Expect various managers in there looking at you, at the end of that one they give you some questions that you will have to "present" at the second interview.

I thought it was a true presentation, but all they really wanted you to do was answer the questions and give them a copy. The questions are about income exemptions and calculations.

The last interview is with the CEO of the company. It's a joke as well. He just asks why do you want to work there, etc. It should be about 10-15 minutes.

All this for making less than $30,000/year!

Interview Questions

• You are asked the typical where do you see yourself in 5 years. But are asked to calculate some incomes. It is easy if you look on the internet to find the formulas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Testing was require,group interveiw,Very detailed oriented ,center on helping and aiding income eligible families obtain safe suitable housing . business casual environment. must be a team player background and drug testing required must be able to work Monday thru Friday from 8-5 no weekends tested to verify computer knowledge and level .

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What make you so different from the other applicants that have applied?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (South Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

4 part interview, testing, meeting HR, meeting potential team leader(s), meet with CEO.
    Once he gives his okay, you do new hire paperwork. Drug test, reference check, school verification is also done. ( this position require some college course work completion.

Interview Questions

• Work experience,and why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Extensive and rewarding. You meet with many department managers who decide if they like you and who's team you will be apart of. Once decided you have an assignment to do and you come back to present it to the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Housing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone call to see if I was still interested after the salary was disclosed to me. Once I stated that I would still be interested, the HR representative told me that I would receive a link in my email to complete a required assessment. I took the assessment, passed and received an interview appointment the same day. The interview was less than a week away and it was a panel interview with the HR generalist and multiple housing managers. The majority of them appeared as if though they had been dragged in and didn't really want o be there.

Interview Questions

• What is the housing authorities mission statement   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Houston Housing Authority (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

You turn in your application. If you meet the qualifications you will be selected for a ridiculous skills test via Wonderlic (Football test) software. If you pass the test you will be interviewed by a Team leader. They will ask you basic questions, (Why do you want to work here?) (Name a time you had an unsatisfied customer and how did you meet that customers needs?) The most common questions you will find on the web. You will then be scheduled for a second interview if the Team lead likes you. This will be with the CEO of the agency, yes the man you see above. Its not really an interview its just a little chat, and if you meet with him, you basically have the job.

Interview Questions

• There were non, they were basically retail questions. Something they would ask at a retail store.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't provide an opportunity to negotiate. It wasn't much I tell you that.