Houston ISD Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houston ISD Teacher Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

3.1

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on line ,name went into the teacher pool and waited for credentials to be reviewed before schools called to set up interviews. The process can take up to four weeks to get an interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Houston ISD

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX).

Interview

Basic questions. During the interview, the interviewer was pleasant. After she hired me, it was obvious she had severe emotional issues. I wish I knew then what I know now. The interview was easy and comfortable! It was deceptive. The contract stated "and other duties" which meant working on another department doing a completely different role.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been teaching?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave last job?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

I was hired by the principal. She asked me to tell her about my past leading up to the experience I have now. She also asked me about my classroom management skills. She wanted to know how I would handle certain behavioral situations. She also asked how I would plan lessons that would keep the students involved.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX).

Interview

The principal of the school and about 3 members of the administrative staff interviewed me for approximately 30 minutes. I received a call AND A LETTERl some 2 weeks later informing me that I had the job and what I needed to do to get started.

Interview Questions

• How would I form groups for reading? How would I implement differentiated instruction?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

I met with the principle first. After the interview, she showed me around the campus. She discussed who I would be working with if I got offered the job. The next day I interview with 5 people from the campus. It was the general type of interview. They asked questions that you can google.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is long and slow. This is true of all school districts, perhaps, and not specific to HISD. However, if schools really wish to advocate for teachers and future teachers, they should conduct the process more like corporate jobs. Instead, they promise openings that don't exist so they can fish for resumes. Then, they say they will follow up and usually never do.

Interview Questions

• What is your expectation from the administration.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called by phone to set up the interview. When I came in, I was greeted by a teacher. I was interviewed by 4 people, 3 ladies and 1 man. It was the principal, 2 school administrators and 1 teacher. They greeted me and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions

• Why did I feel I was qualified for the position?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

The process varied from campus to campus. One School requested a demo lesson be taught. Other schools opted for in person interview, which varied from one-one to interview with panel.

Interview Questions

• If a student failed your class, what percentage of the failure would you attribute to efforts?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX).

Interview

Long interview process (phone interview, on-line interview and you most pass a math test as well)

Negotiation

Better than other districts

Teacher Interview

Interview

The interview process was the more like a scare tactic where they tell you how they need a qualified teacher in every classroom and then they don't give you any tools to help you be successful. As long as you are certified and if you are an elementary teacher..you can pass a 4th grade math test you should find a job somewhere in the district.