Houston Methodist Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houston Methodist Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter at Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston Texas, contacted me and started by asking me a few questions of my educational background and professional experience. Then the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with the Director of nursing and Nurse manager of the unit I applied for. I am all the way in Canada and a phone interview was best at the time. The phone interview was scheduled for the next week since they contacted me on a Friday. I got called for the interview 7 mins after the time it was scheduled. I was ready. The questions were challenging and hard (the scenario questions) the interview was 50 mins long. The director and nurse manager taking turns to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me what you know about the company
    Answer Question
  • - Why do you want to work for this organization   Answer Question
  • - When did you make a mistake, what was it and what did you learn from it   Answer Question
  • - Several Scenario questions
    - Tell is why you would be an asset to this organization and why we should chose you
    Answer Question
  • - Tell us when and how you have worked in a team and what was your role   Answer Question
  • - How do you handle conflict   Answer Question
  • - How do you handle stress (then given a scenario question)   Answer Question
  • - What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
  • - Scenario question on head to toe assessment on patient when admitting   Answer Question
  • - Scenario question on how to identify fall risk in a patient when admitting   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   Answer Question
  • Do you have any questions for us   1 Answer
  • Oh...I was also asked a political question from out of the blue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The price was right.

Other Interview Reviews for Houston Methodist

Anonymous Employee in East Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (East Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a bit different for me. First there was a phone interview where I not only interviewed with the unit manager, I also interviewed with members of the staff. The next step involved having a face-to-face sit-down with 2 unit managers and immediately following their interview, I sat down with multiple staff members who also interviewed with me.

Interview Questions

• Had I ever had conflict with a coworker? If so, how was it resolved?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything was professional, courteous and planned. Responding quickly to emails and phone calls. On the interview date and time the interviewer was very punctual. However, the interview was suppose to take place with human resources, a manager and a supervisor but when they called only human resources was there. Most unusual interview U have ever had. This person requested that I tell them about my career. They already had my resume. I reviewed with them my experience. There was not 1 question regarding the nursing unit. The person than stated that wanted me to be happy and maybe a different department would be suitable. The call ended. Reviewing the interaction it then occurred to me that the position must have been filled. Instead of announcing that in the beginning. The nursing managers did not even show up and human resources tried to conduct an interview with a professional unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked was regarding experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Baytown, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

One one One interview with hiring manager
    Professional attire
    Personable
    Laid back
    Approx 30 min
    Unit Tour after interview
    Meet and Greet other staff members
    Unit staff were open and friendly
    Team oriented atmosphere
    Same day job offer
    Sign on bonus

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

very quick and easier thru job fair. they host alot of job fair. seems sometimes human resources is not responsive or not doing the job of hiring more. this is a common complaint

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Methodist in March 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was easy. Interviewed x 1 and was hired 1 week later

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

It took a while to hear back from human resources. From then on, the application was a swift process. I had a phone interview and had a set date and time for a meet-and-greet with the director of my unit. I was given an option when I'd like to start (dependent on orientation date).

Interview Questions

• I did not find anything difficult. The interview process was more of clarifying any issues on my resume, being asked to expound more on my previous experiences (since my job was on the clinical/bedside aspect). I was told by other applicants not to share my plans of going back to school because I probably would not get an offer if they knew I was planning on going back to school in a few years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The hospital had a good reputation and I wanted to go back to the same unit that I worked at back in my old job. I actually got a pay cut.