Houzz Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2018

2.8

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

First you get a phone interview, then two in person interviews. The first two interviews are basic and easy. The last interview they have you do a mock phone call where you try to sell the company program to a business.
    I don't know exactly what they are looking for because I have 3 years of sales experience and I know other people they hired there that had zero sales experience and got the job. I'm assuming maybe they want fresh people right out of school that they can mold easily because I was pretty much overqualified for the position and didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

They were warm and welcoming, so my nerves were definitely calmed during the interview process. They were upfront about the position firsthand, and wanted to make sure this was a good fit for both parties. Treat their employees/trainees very well.

Interview Questions

• Your first position as SDR will not include commission and will require 100-150 calls per day, is this something you feel okay doing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

There are three interviews the first being a Scheduled phone call which lasted about 15min
    The second was a in person with recruiter which was about 15-30min going over my resume and asking basic interview questions
    Then a final interview going over the same things, why I want the role I applied for and with a role play

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Houzz   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Interview

Telphone interview followed by an interview with a Sales Manager. The third interview was with another Sales Manager who looked like she really didn't want to be there. Plus, she was dressed really casually. I understand the dress code is laid back, but maybe if you're conducting interviews, you can dress up a little bit Third interview and she asked me to go over my resume. Thought it was going to be a little bit more in-depth than that.

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was approached by Kirstyn Sullivan on LinkedIn asking if I would be interested in a position at Houzz. I agreed and we scheduled a call to introduce ourselves and see if it would be a good fit. After she told me more about the company and position and I gave my past work experience, we both felt like it would be a good idea to move along. I then had my first in person interview which went well and lead to the role play interview. We weren't able to do the role play interview in person, however, we later did it over the phone the following week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to overcome from a past work experience   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Invited to participate in a phone interview. Next I was invited to interview with a hiring manager. Within one week I was invited to a 2nd interview, which was a role play.

Client Services Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. First thing she asked me was about my education and then my previous work experience. I thought they were going to ask me a lot more details about my school background or to tell them a little bit about myself but it was cut pretty short.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a total of three interviews (phone screen, Skype interview with a hiring manager, then final Skype interview + role play with a different hiring manager). The first two interviews were extremely positive and I was very affirmed and encouraged by both interviewers. During the final interview, they ask more difficult questions about why you're a good fit for sales, if you want to do sales long term, and how comfortable you are being measured up against a monthly quota. I then did a mock sales pitch where I had to convince the hiring manager to create a profile on Houzz (as if he were a kitchen & bath remodeling business). The hiring manager was difficult to read, and ultimately they didn't offer me the position because they "chose to move forward with another candidate."

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite and least favorite manager, and why?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite job and least favorite job, and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see your long term career, and could you see yourself doing sales long term?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got a response a week later for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes long and was very pleasant. I received an email the next day requesting an face to face interview. I missed the first face to face and they were nice enough to reschedule! Went to the face to face and the woman who interviewed me was very pleasant as well! The interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was then requested to come in for a role play and another interview. The role play was a little daunting since I've never done one but in the end it went pretty ok! A few days later they requested to do a last and final phone interview and received an offer two days later!

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about sitting in cubicle all day and make 80+ phone calls?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They first did a phone screening that asked basic interview questions such as what do you know about houzz and the position etc. They brought me in for an in person interview a week later. They had me take an assessment like draft an email to a unhappy customer and other aspects. After that, I interviewed with the manager.