Prime Therapeutics Interview Question: How did you handle a differen... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Human Resources Interview

How did you handle a different situation?

Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I have been on the receiving end of pro-forma garbage like this myself. It's no secret that even if a job is already accounted for, they will leave the job out on the market like it's still available. In your case they just dismissed your endeavors as erroneous and stopped responding to your inquiries entirely. When this happened to me I was NOT in a good mood and the process wasted over two months of my time, so I compiled all the evidence (screenshots, correspondence, proof that nothing has been done in the allotted time frame) and submitted an official complaint to the company's board of directors.

Mind you, my situation was brimming with untruths and extremely questionable behaviors, and I even had a statement from a technical recruiting firm that said they refused to work with this company. I also included a note saying that there were more copies of this in my possession just waiting to be sent to whatever social media/news source would shriek the loudest. Unfortunately they got back to me with a huge apology and some crap about how their process was 'slower than they would've liked,' but I countered with "slow has nothing to do with simply not delivering a verdict to a prospective employee when you already HAD it."

This is corporate 'murica in its full grace. I hate to say it but get used to it, make this kind of deceit and complacency an expectation so you don't get disappointed when similar things happen again. Older millennials have been breathing this type of madness since they got out of college and it is still as popular a practice as ever. Pro forma is ILLEGAL, don't forget. You just need more proof than any half-successful liar is willing to make available to the unknowing public. Sorry you endured this.

Ayashi on Sep 8, 2017

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.