Microsoft Interview Question: How do you deal with ambiguit... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Business Administrator Interview Redmond, WA

How do you deal with ambiguity?

Answer

Interview Answer

3 Answers

They're looking for a self-starter/someone who can guide themselves in their day to day work--no hand holding. They don't however, want you to be so self sufficient in this role you look to move outside a business administrator role.

Interview Candidate on Apr 20, 2010

Why would you want a BA role? No one moves 'up' (or anywhere, really) from there...

Anonymous on Jun 29, 2010

As someone who has always prided myself on 'journalist' background and communications skills, asking the extra questions at the start is my essential MO. Nobody really likes swinging away in the blind, but if you allow a vague e- to put you in a hole about expectations, seldom will you choose exactly the desired path to specific results. I can wing it with the best, but historically I ask a couple of the 5Ws, perhaps add a "so this is where I'm going with that," comment. Person bringing the ambiguity will have a clue about how I'm handling, if they don't say "whooooa guy, that's not at all what *I* was thinking!" then I proceed, and of course, periodically update on progress/problems dealing with.

Glenn S. on Sep 24, 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.