Whole Foods Market Interview Question: How do you give about giving ... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Business Analyst Interview Bellevue, WA

How do you give about giving a presentation without

preparation or knowledge of the subject?
Answer

Interview Answer

6 Answers

Job description said NOTHING about giving presentations nor did anyone offer that this would be a quality expected of a BA when directly asked about it (if so, I would have prepared an adequate response). That information was deliberately withheld from me in an effort to trip me up in the formal interview.

Interview Candidate on Feb 8, 2012

I'd answer this by saying that these were actually two different questions - how one feels about giving a presentation on something you have knowledge about but on the fly, versus how one feels about giving a presentation about which one lacks knowledge. Clearly, the first situation would be preferable.

Anonymous on Mar 12, 2012

I guess you could see it that way, but it wasn't that way at all. By virtue of the fact that they wouldn't move on to the next topic/question after it was answered, it was clear to me that this was a question intended to disqualify/trip me up.

Anonymous on Mar 12, 2012

Personally, I would say that this question isn't about giving presentations; it's about how you handle uncomfortable situations that can arise in business with little warning.

How do you give a presentation on a subject you know little about? Don't give a speech, instead, utilize a roundtable discussion method to bring any knowledge the audience might have into the discussion in the hopes that the group's knowledge will help to make the presentation more fruitful and beneficial for everyone.

Often, interview questions are not about specific job responsibilities, but rather about skills they are looking for in potential candidates.

Anonymous on Jun 18, 2012

A basic template for presentation is responding to this set of questions: What, Why, Where, When, Who, and How? Some people add How much?

Awhe on Jun 17, 2015

To be honest , I would just play it off . I would use all my knowledge and understanding of the topic and say it . If I don’t know nothing , then I don’t say nothing . Easy you shouldn’t be forced to give a presentation with a lack of knowledge, that is plain dumb . Don’t play yourself . It’s better not to say nothing and just excuse your self :

Anonymous on Mar 14, 2019

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.