University of Minnesota Interview Question: How much experience do you ha... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Executive Office & Administrative Specialist Interview Minneapolis, MN

How much experience do you have in dealing/interacting with

people of color, minorities, and/or various cultures?
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I, myself, am of mixed race; I was raised in Las Vegas; my primary and secondary schools were inner-city public schools. Unlike the Midwest, Caucasians were often the minority there. Throughout my childhood and early adulthood, I was exposed to a melting pot of people from all walks of life, and I learned to understand, accept and respect people who were different from myself.

I also worked for a short period of time at the airport during the summer as a supervisor for a company that specialized in wheelchair and electric cart services. Almost all of my employees were minorities - immigrants from Ethiopia and Liberia, Hispanic, and Filipino. I earned the respect of my employees, and they worked very hard for me. All of our customers were elderly, physically disabled, visually impaired, or needed assistance navigating the airport due to language barriers. I set an example for my employees by treating all customers with respect and compassion for their individual needs.

Interview Candidate on Nov 1, 2012

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.