Goldman Sachs Interview Question: How would you advise a hedgef... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Compliance Analyst/Summer Analyst Interview City of London, England (UK)

How would you advise a hedgefund manager with a large

portfolio who is about to announce at a conference that a Greek exit from the euro is inevitable?
Answer

Interview Answer

4 Answers

How would you advise a hedge fund manager with a large portfolio of WHO is about to announce at a conference That a Greek exit from the euro is Inevitable?
sorry sir, this time we should be able to take the euro, or else we will have a big loss in the company. to avoid the losses we have to equate with the euro, because this is the only way to save the company. thank you sir ..

kenken pudji on Jul 14, 2012

THE GREEKS LEFT A HORSE IN EURO WHICH DESTROYED THE EURO ARMY BECAUSE THE HORSE HAD SOME SOLDIERS WHICH WAS A MISUSE.NOW-A-DAYS TORJON HORSE WHICH IS A TYPE OF VIRUS IS DAMAGING COMPUTERS THROUGH INTERNET PROGRAMING.IN THIS I WILL ADVISE MY MANAGER

MARIA on Jul 15, 2012

Given that this is a compliance interview question, not a financial analyst interview question, I would address the significant issues, laws, and regulations surrounding market manipulation. Additionally, I'd probably ask the hedge fund manager his strategy, his purpose in making the announcement, and how his portfolio would be affected if his statement were to come true. I'd address the idea of "inevitability," and probably have him back away from bold or harsh words that almost sound like he's guaranteeing the direction of the market. I'd wonder who would be in attendance at this conference and what regulations are involved with a portfolio manager making a public appearance. I'd address any disclosures that would need to be made in conjunction with the public appearance.

Compliance question to hedge fund mgr on Nov 1, 2013

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.