Glassdoor Interview Question: How would you test if survey ... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview Sausalito, CA

How would you test if survey responses were filled at

random by certain individuals, as opposed to truthful selections?
Answer

Interview Answer

5 Answers

I would design the test in a way that certain information is asked two different ways. if two answers disagree with each other I would seriously doubt the validity of the answers.

Anonymous on Feb 19, 2015

This is a very basic psychometrics question. Calculate Cronbach's alpha for the survey items. If it is low (below .5), it is very likely that the questions were answered at random.

Brendan on Jan 30, 2016

We need to find the histograms of the questions in the survey to see the distribution of each answer in each question.
All question histograms will likely follow the normal distribution if they are truthful selection.
If one response with more than of half of total answers being located outside of 95% confidential interval in each histogram, the response will be categorized as random
fall out of mean plus tw

Anonymous on Aug 18, 2019

Similar to Cronbach’s alpha, calculate corrected item-total correlations. Since the item is part of the total, you will need to remove it from each estimate to correct for this. Otherwise, you will get inflated estimates. Drop items with very low item-total correlations (either 1.5. Good luck.

Anonymous on Jan 8, 2020

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.