Howard University Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.4

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very thorough examination of past performance and experience. The General Counsel and Deputy Genera Counsel were very pleasant. I left feeling that they had conducted an excellent interview. I had a very positive feeling upon leaving the interview.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Really Quick, HR called and set up an interview with the Dean. The process was through a staffing agency, Randstad. Fairly easy. Didn't last longer then 30 min. The staffing agency, prior to sending you to companys to interview give you a Microsoft office assessment and preliminary interview. They were very helpful in pre interview preparation.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Not really an interview. I know the professor and when he had a grant, he contacted me. We just went over what the position will require and if I will be willing to accept the offer. Once we agreed, then we involved the Human Resources which then took it from there.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Very brief and very straightforward. My Dean and I had a conversation about her expectations of me, and I did the same. She explained to me the hierarchy of the office and the work hours that were available. I was dealing with confidential information and had to be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Interview Questions

• How many activities were you involved in?
      How large is your course load?
      Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was of medium difficulty. Took quite a while to get hired and begin working. Although the opportunity was well worth the wait. Background check was required as well as thorough reference check. Interview process was a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview was of medium difficulty.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very short. I applied online and knew many people who worked for the University. The people I knew who worked the University already may have been very beneficial in helping me obtain this job. The interview was very short and sweet and straight to the point.

Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Quick, easy, and straightforward. Just act professional and be sure to be able to explain your past experiences and accomplishments well and clearly. Be sure that you familiarize yourself with CPT, as Howard, an HBCU, operates on this. It really isn't that bad. Really. It isn't. Keep Calm and Relax. Everything will work out fine.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was relatively easy. First was the HR screening. Following the HR screening, I was invited to meet with the Director of the Center with other panels. It was a 30 minute interview. The process was relatively easy

Clinical Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Complete Application online, phone interview,Face to face interview,Offer letter 4-6 week to hire. The process was not bad it was the length of time between getting hired that was the issue. While I waited on a start date I took a temp job

Interview Questions

• What is do you bring to the table that would make you the best candidate for this position?
      How would you Experience advance departmental goals of the
      How would you handle disgruntled employees/patients
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the salary that I requested

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

It was a standard academic interview. I knew the people from previous contacts so it was fairly relaxed. I talked about my research experience and we discussed the possible projects that I could pursue if I were to join. We'd had some previous discussions on the phone and over e-mail so it was not hard to reach an agreement.

Interview Questions

• There were no real gotcha questions as it wasn't that type of interview.   Answer Question