Huawei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter on LinkedIn reached out to me and set OA (I missed it), IQ test before interview.

Phone screen interview with a senior engineer for an hour. He only asked questions towards resume, no tech or coding problem. The interviewer seems not very active in this process, and the questions are not very valuable from my perspective. There were long pauses between questions. Btw they required screen share, but nothing for coding.

Analog IC Engineer Interview

Interview

So, I applied through their website, which was primarily focussed on recruitment for overseas students. I filled the complete application and applied for 2-3 positions , analog IC engineer being my top priority. I got an email after 2weeks (approx) after filling the online application and was called for the interview in Shenzhen , China . The email stated that the position is for *IC and Device Engineer* and I assumed it that it must be analog IC Design . I went for the interview and the first question asked me was about Digital (VHDL) . When I told the interviewee that I filled the application for analog and not digital, he told me that he is from Digital domain and the analog expertise has went back to the company.

He called him on phone and was advised by him to proceed with my interview. Keeping in mind that the engineer interviewing me is not from analog domain, I tried to explain my masters degree project in very simple terms , which he was quite happy about ( I suppose) and told me that I seem to have a good analog knowledge and he would ask his analog department colleague to arrange interview in the company. I never received the call thereafter and after a follow up with HR on email, I was told there was no other interview for me. The next day, my application portal showed that *interview failed*.

For a company like Huawei, it is important to conduct things in a disciplined manner, have their engineers ready from every domain at the time of interview. It might be a mere single rejection from their end, but it costs very heavy for the time and patience of a candidate .

Interview Questions

• about my projects during my masters program.
      whether I want to work in China or not
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

face to face interview with one engineer and one hr. The engineer asks questions about your resume and the hr just listens. And he introduces currently available openings. Either English or Mandarin is ok.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Three interviews: one with a senior from leadership and an IC, the second with my manager and peer and the third one which is the "bosses interview".

HR rules over any department in the company in China. Even if the team really wants to hire you, if they can pay someone else another candidate half the salary the industry proves that you demand, they will. HR only cares about "filling the position", not acquiring talent. I imagine this formula is going to make them struggle for a long time to grow as a company and it's very unfortunate for the company and especially candidates who go beyond expectations to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What are common webapp flaws? Explain.

How to you secure platform X (with details)?

How to do ensure security occurs before shipping the product, etc?
      2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round, second round and third round happened in one day. with an accounting manager at the first round, business associate at the second round, and a dinner with partners at third round. They basically interviewed every student that sent in their resume, so the schedule for interviewing everyone of them was a little bit messed up. Student for 10AM was pushed to 11AM, and student for 11AM was sent for the afternoon. And they only had a few interviewers, so in the afternoon they were pretty tired and only skimmed at your resume without listening to your story. Weirdly, at the second round, they asked very personal questions regarding your family.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about your resume experiences. What kind of people you have worked with on a team? What is your weakness and strength? How do you reconcile the disagreements between teammates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Online test for personality and an online test involving 3 technical questions. Then phone interview covering resume and technical questions. I didn't get an onsite but I've heard there will be one once you passed all the tests and interviews before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked some java basic questions and then let me do some simple coding questions. and then they introduce the company to me and the rest of the candidates. Onsite takes about 2 hours.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

5 h interview with 6 members of the team at all positions, including the people who I was going to be managing. I interviewed with one individual at a time, except for one interview that was with two people.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested to know how my previous professional experience would help them at this particular moment in the area of consumer robotics.   Answer Question

DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process consisted of my preparing and giving a technical talk. They told me to prepare a talk on technical issues that I had worked on for previous companies. I delivered the talk and answered questions. I finished a little early, so they then asked me if I had prepared extra material on other topics. I told them no... I had done exactly as they had requested.

Interview Questions

• There were no one-on-one interviews, just the group meeting in which I gave the talk. They asked technical questions on the material I presented.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First I applied it online, then I got an online assessment. I completed it and waited about half an hour and I got the phone interview. It took about half an hour to complete the interview, he asked me many technical questions and lots of details of my projects.