Huawei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

225 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

There is a man interviewed me, he is nice. He asked me about my resume and the experience I have. It's first round so he didn't ask any algorithm questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The HR of this company is very professional. I was asked about my previous job experience, and was explained the job responsibilities. The whole process is nice and comfortable, but I don't quite like the work itself though.

Chief Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Panel interview with team in China over the phone.
    No one told me anything about the job. At the end they just disconnected and the headhunter at the US HQ closed the interview.
    Later I found that the job descriptions I got from recruiter who contacted me , where not posted on the usual job search sites.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions. Looked very like intelligence gathering , not like the FIRST interview over the phone. The focus was not on the job , but what I know about this and that and this ...   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter on LinkedIn reached out to me and set OA (I missed it), IQ test before interview.

Phone screen interview with a senior engineer for an hour. He only asked questions towards resume, no tech or coding problem. The interviewer seems not very active in this process, and the questions are not very valuable from my perspective. There were long pauses between questions. Btw they required screen share, but nothing for coding.

Analog IC Engineer Interview

Interview

So, I applied through their website, which was primarily focussed on recruitment for overseas students. I filled the complete application and applied for 2-3 positions , analog IC engineer being my top priority. I got an email after 2weeks (approx) after filling the online application and was called for the interview in Shenzhen , China . The email stated that the position is for *IC and Device Engineer* and I assumed it that it must be analog IC Design . I went for the interview and the first question asked me was about Digital (VHDL) . When I told the interviewee that I filled the application for analog and not digital, he told me that he is from Digital domain and the analog expertise has went back to the company.

He called him on phone and was advised by him to proceed with my interview. Keeping in mind that the engineer interviewing me is not from analog domain, I tried to explain my masters degree project in very simple terms , which he was quite happy about ( I suppose) and told me that I seem to have a good analog knowledge and he would ask his analog department colleague to arrange interview in the company. I never received the call thereafter and after a follow up with HR on email, I was told there was no other interview for me. The next day, my application portal showed that *interview failed*.

For a company like Huawei, it is important to conduct things in a disciplined manner, have their engineers ready from every domain at the time of interview. It might be a mere single rejection from their end, but it costs very heavy for the time and patience of a candidate .

Interview Questions

• about my projects during my masters program.
      whether I want to work in China or not   Answer Question

Chief Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me over Linkedln and after a few conversations over the phone asked me to come onsite for an interview. Soon as I entered the Bellevue location I was stuck by the lack of diversity. Looks like they only hire Chinese people. I was interviewed by two chinese individuals and they were both arrogant and bad communicators. During the interview, people kept coming in to talk in loud Mandarin. The interviewer was also treating them like a commander lashing out on his troops. Every time the other person bent their head, approved on what he said and walked away. I was watching all this in amazement - absolutely the worst interview and workplace environment I have seen till now.
    I told them in the end that they were unprofessional, the interview was not well structured and it was almost a waste of both our times. I even gave them some feedback on treating even interviewees as customers and walked out.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was reached by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Had phone screen, coding interview on phone and was called for an onsite interview at Bellevue office. The interview experience was great.

Was offered for this position and discussed the offer verbally, negotiated the better salary and the salary was agreed. However the offer was declined after two months by the HQ at China, There were super slow and pain to wait for months.

This was the worst experience in my life till date.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

face to face interview with one engineer and one hr. The engineer asks questions about your resume and the hr just listens. And he introduces currently available openings. Either English or Mandarin is ok.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Three interviews: one with a senior from leadership and an IC, the second with my manager and peer and the third one which is the "bosses interview".

HR rules over any department in the company in China. Even if the team really wants to hire you, if they can pay someone else another candidate half the salary the industry proves that you demand, they will. HR only cares about "filling the position", not acquiring talent. I imagine this formula is going to make them struggle for a long time to grow as a company and it's very unfortunate for the company and especially candidates who go beyond expectations to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What are common webapp flaws? Explain.

How to you secure platform X (with details)?

How to do ensure security occurs before shipping the product, etc?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round, second round and third round happened in one day. with an accounting manager at the first round, business associate at the second round, and a dinner with partners at third round. They basically interviewed every student that sent in their resume, so the schedule for interviewing everyone of them was a little bit messed up. Student for 10AM was pushed to 11AM, and student for 11AM was sent for the afternoon. And they only had a few interviewers, so in the afternoon they were pretty tired and only skimmed at your resume without listening to your story. Weirdly, at the second round, they asked very personal questions regarding your family.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about your resume experiences. What kind of people you have worked with on a team? What is your weakness and strength? How do you reconcile the disagreements between teammates?   Answer Question